DP311 PROBLEMS

SHORTY COX

Original poster
Oct 31, 2012
LIBERAL, KS
Hello to all, I’m new to this forum. I came here to try to learn more about my system and troubleshoot problems I have encountered.

What I have would be considered “old school” by most. I have just the basic stuff. Dish 500 dish with the “DP Pro” Digital LNBF sat 119 & 110 dish. Receivers are three dp311 and one DP301. There are four cables leaving the LNBF going to each of the receivers. There is nothing installed between the dish and the receiver.

Periodically, and more often than I like, when I switch channels, I get an error notification. To paraphrase, it is telling me “accruing satellite signal” or “problem with switch”

When I do the “Check Switch” procedure, it will show me that it is unable to communicate with one of the two satellites. A red box with an “X” will appear for that satellite. It is not always the same satellite. This will happen at times on each of the four receivers. It is not consistent. I have moved the receivers form one location to another trying to check if the problem is receiver related, cable related, or dish related. The receiver that was not communicating with the dish in one location may or may not communicate with the dish at the second location. When with I move it back to the first location, it will work properly. Sometimes I can just un-plug it and plug in back in and it will “load” and work properly.

Where is this “switch” that is mentioned by many. I don’t seem to have one.

I also have the same problem with my Satellite receiver on my RV. My RV has the Winegard Traveler Dish 1000. It has three LNBs, and when on, shows satellite 110, 119, and 127. It provides satellite signal to three locations in my RV. When we go RVing, I just take the DP 311 receivers from my house and hook them up in the RV. Most of the time, all work as normal, however, at times I get the same problem. The receiver is not communicating with the dish. Sometimes this will happen with on receiver and not the other two. Once, all three would not communicate with the dish.

I’m sorry this is so long. Just trying to describe the problem.

Any thoughts?

SHORTY

Two different issues.

First, the lnb you have a DishPro Quad lnb, that is it has two "eyes" and a builtin switch that distributes both those signals to 4 different receivers. It sounds like either the built-in switch or one of the lnb's itself is failing, probably the switch.

On your RV, I have no experience with that dish, so someone else will have to put their $0.02 in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)