DP34/DP44 w/Emp-Centauri 8x1 Goto NN

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mgandalf

Original poster
Jul 21, 2006
I'm trying to setup 4 FTA receivers using Emp-Centauri 8x1 (P.168v2) switches with 5 bandstacked LNBs. I've tried connecting the 4 8x1 switches to splitters, but they seem to interfere with each other. My other options are:

1. Use 5 3x4 multiswitches and only connect the 18v line coming in to each.

LNB -> multiswitch -> Emp -> Receiver

2. Use 2 DP34 switches and connect the Emp 8x1 switches to these

LNB -> DP34 -> Emp -> Receiver

In either case, I address the Emp switches using Goto NN. I'm thinking the DP34 would be the best solution, but I'm not entirely sure they will work with the EMP switches so I'm looking for advice.

Thanks, Mark.

don't know what receiver & lnb's but it would probably be easier to go with a 4 port diesqc & 22k switch.

i haven't played around with diesqc positions in a while , check with the receiver setup and see if it will address the ports via the menu software ie diesqc setting 1.0, 1.1 , 1.2
some address more than 4 ports

The receiver will handle anything I throw at it. I've already purchased the Emp 8x1 switches so I'm already locked in with those. I've already bought the splitters as well, before I found out they won't work.

I know the Emp switches will work with 5x8 multiswitches, but I also know that some of those don't like to only have one of the two inputs connected (13v/18v).

- Mark.

what equipment are we working with

receiver
motor involved?
what sats ya aimed at (if not motorized)?
what kind of LNB's

etc

saying
"The receiver will handle anything I throw at it" doesn't really help. Because I have a couple receivers I can use that line on but I know the limitations ;)

what equipment are we working with

receiver
motor involved?
what sats ya aimed at (if not motorized)?
what kind of LNB's

etc

saying
"The receiver will handle anything I throw at it" doesn't really help. Because I have a couple receivers I can use that line on but I know the limitations ;)

Ah, I head you were the expert in such matters. I was hoping you'd help.

The tuners are DVB cards and the software is MythTV. I can make Myth use any type of switch(s) I can dream up. The LNBs are standard bandstacked on a teroidal dish. I have 5 of them I'd like to connect and be available from all 4 tuners. I decided on the Emp switches so I can go up to 8 if I want. Right now I only have two connected picking up PBSHD and White Springs. This is all so I can get rid of my old 36" dish on a rotor.

- Mark.

I'm not familiar with PC cards so I cant comment on those but unless they can truly handle Diseqc 1.1 commands you can't daisy chain diseqc switches. The only 2 receivers I have that can are the Coolsat 5000 & Visionsat IV-200

I have an emp centauri switch and also a Digiwave switch. The digiwave is UNCOMMITTED so I can daisy chain diseqc switches off of it. I tried it with an emp-centauri switch and that wont work....converselly the E-C switch I can use on a motorized setup but the digiwave ya can't

some info on it
http://www.satelliteguys.us/1344319-post12.html
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/130242-diseqc-1-1-verified-receivers.html

review on Emp-Centauri switch
http://www.satelliteguys.us/fta-mpeg2-equipment-reviews/90581-emp-centauri-8-x-1-goto-nn-switch.html

review on Digiwave switch
http://www.satelliteguys.us/fta-mpeg2-equipment-reviews/110067-digiwave-8x1-uncomitted-switch.html

I'm not familiar with PC cards so I cant comment on those but unless they can truly handle Diseqc 1.1 commands you can't daisy chain diseqc switches. The only 2 receivers I have that can are the Coolsat 5000 & Visionsat IV-200

I have an emp centauri switch and also a Digiwave switch. The digiwave is UNCOMMITTED so I can daisy chain diseqc switches off of it. I tried it with an emp-centauri switch and that wont work....converselly the E-C switch I can use on a motorized setup but the digiwave ya can't

The cards support any diseqc 1.x or 2.x. The linux drivers won't support 2.x report back mode, but I don't need that anyway. Currently I'm using a diseqc 1.3 (USALS) rotor with one of them. I've also tested the Emp switches in diseqc 1.2 mode (Goto NN). I know you can't use more than one diseqc committed switch on a single line, but I figured a 1.2 Goto NN combined with a diseqc 1.1 switch might work.

I'd like to go with the DP34/Emp combination, but I need to make sure the ports on the DP34 are completely signal & DCC isolated form each other. I'm guessing the splitters didn't work because the ports are isolated.

I'll take a closer look at the links you sent.

Thanks, Mark.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts