DP34 Switch with Bell Expressvu

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

yelload

Original poster
Aug 31, 2007
Hello,

I just bought a DP34 switch on ebay to work with my Bell expressvu system in Canada but the switch doesn't seem to work.

My system :
Two 310.10 receivers from bell
One DP34 Switch
Two dual lnb (receive Sat 91 and 82)

Does somebody know if it suppose to work well? What is the problem, the switch or my system?

thank you

Did you get everything...

Ebay sellers are noted for not including the power supply and insertor with the switches. Did you get these with it?

Satboyz

2 dual on a Dish 500 (but from bell)

But I'M not sure if they are legacy or from DISH.

If one of them are legacy, that could be my problem right?

Ok but if my two dual lnb are from DIsh, my switch is suppose to work.

A dp34 is suppose to work with Bell Expressvu and with Bell IRDs?

"A dp34 is suppose to work with Bell Expressvu and with Bell IRDs?"

I would assume so. I have Dish Network so I can't help you there. But I can guarantee you that if you use DP LNBs, the DP34 will work.

Doesn't Bell uses Dish Network receivers? If that's so, then a DP34 should work.

I run Dish network with those IRD's in the pass with sat 110 / 119, so I suppose it's the same technology with bell.

So, I will check my LNB first and see whats next.

Thank you ... for now :)

Ok, I just saw that I dont have dish pro lnb, but regular ones...

Is there a way to convert those lnb to lnb dish pro with a switch ? SW22?

It could be cheaper than buying two lnb...

Thank you

so your 2 sw21 switches failed and you bought the dp34 to replace it?

dont 91 and 82 come from 1 dish?

your best bet would to have got a twin or quad lnb if you couldnt find sw21 switches

maybe try to resell the dp34

It should work since your lnbs are Legacy and the SW21 is a legacy switch. You run a cable from each lnb to the switch and the output to the receiver. Did you run check switch?

Just say Brian's post. A Twin should work too since 82 and 91 are on the same dish.

I already have 2 SW-21 switchs. Doesnt work? Absolutely need sw21s???

heh?

The Legacy LNB's that you have use the SW21 to combine the 2 satellites. I assume you run one cable from 91 & one from 82 into the switch and then to the reciever. I ran that setup for 2 years on Bell with a 3100

Did you run a check switch?

Ok, but my SW21 switch didn't work well because they are too far from my IRD.

I bought a DP34 to connect 2 IRDs or more, and only with 2 cables inside the house. (instead of 4 with 2 sw21)

So if I understand, I need to plug 4 cables on my 2 lnb, connect with 2 sw21 that connect to my dp34 switch that connect to my 2 receivers...

right?

Or, i need to bought a twin dishpro lnb...

Im I ok?

thank you

NO
you cannot mix Legacy which the LNB's are and DishPro. There are two options

-Get a DishPro Twin LNB. This combined both 91 & 82 into one line...no switches needed (its internal)
-Get 2 DishPro duals or singles and use the DP34 switch.

The Twin is the "fat one" that would fill in both slots. The DishPro duals or singles are like what you have now but you have a Legacy setup

Only one line is needed for DishPro...so if you have the Twin it would be one line from the LNB to the reciever (per receiver). If the switch is involved, then its one line from each LNB to switch

Ok, but last question,

In my lnb, there's a Dish company logo. (non dish pro but dish). You consider this as legacy as well?

Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)