DPH 42.

H1, H2 have no need to be compatible as long as Dish will not allow any "marriage" with H3, which they won't.

H1, H2 have no need to be compatible as long as Dish will not allow any "marriage" with H3, which they won't.
Well I know many , Myself included that have and own Multiple H2s that will be disappointed that they have to give up these for only H3s.
Especially since most of us would be lucky to get 1 Free H3 let alone 2.

I was hoping this switch would allow H3s, H2s,Wallys and 211s all on one switch.

OK. I can accept January 2017 instead of December 2016. Close enough to "end of this quarter." I will be be getting TWO H3's to replace our two HWS's looking at FOUR sats as SOOOOON as this switch is available. YES!! At least a real month is mentioned. I know there are going to be some minor functionalities lost with the H3 (we hope temporarily so), but the 16 tuners each will make things easier for us and be a huge upgrade for our recording patterns, especially as I find myself using Dish Anywhere (or my backup Sling Box) more and more.

Reactions: Tampa8
I wonder if the DISH 1000+ dish will need hybrid LNBs for the new DPH42 switch!
I Don' think it would. I mean the whole purpose of the switch is to allow you to use regular lnbs to power the switch and accomplish what they can do now with the new hybrid lnb. This also means you can use more than one dish or bigger dishes for each sat location to prevent rain fade. But who knows , you might be able to use the hybrid lnb and the switch deactivates the lnb, in place of the switch?

Reactions: charlesrshell
I Don' think it would. I mean the whole purpose of the switch is to allow you to use regular lnbs to power the switch and accomplish what they can do now with the new hybrid lnb. This also means you can use more than one dish or bigger dishes for each sat location to prevent rain fade. But who knows , you might be able to use the hybrid lnb and the switch deactivates the lnb, in place of the switch?
Thanks MikeD-C05. I think you are probably correct. This sure is exciding we are getting closer to the new DPH42 switch. I can only imagine how nice it is not to have any more conflicts when I switch to the Hopper 3.

I wonder if the DISH 1000+ dish will need hybrid LNBs for the new DPH42 switch!
Looks like you can use DPP.
But I'm not seeing where you can add a 4th orbital location.
Maybe through that Amplifier/ switch.
Screenshot_20160920-091923.png

Looks like you can use DPP.
But I'm not seeing where you can add a 4th orbital location.
Maybe through that Amplifier/ switch.
I have looked at that diagram. I am going to use only one DPH42 switch for two Hopper 3s and four Joeys, no amplifier. If you look close at the new switch there are four ports so it appears to me it will see four satellites for a 1000+ dish. The amplifier appears to only have three satellite input ports.

Reactions: Troch77
I have looked at that diagram. I am going to use only one DPH42 switch for two Hopper 3s and four Joeys, no amplifier. If you look close at the new switch there are four ports so it appears to me it will see four satellites for a 1000+ dish. The amplifier appears to only have three satellite input ports.
But there is, unfortunately, a power inserter, so one more precious electrical outlet used up in one room and NONE left in another room, but I think I can move things around to provide an outlet for the PI. However, I shall view the glass has half FULL. I look forward to multiple H3's.

But there is, unfortunately, a power inserter, so one more precious electrical outlet used up in one room and NONE left in another room, but I think I can move things around to provide an outlet for the PI. However, I shall view the glass has half FULL. I look forward to multiple H3's.
Sounds like you need one o' these...
41eb0wsuD3L._SY300_QL70_.jpg
s-l1000.jpg

Sounds like you need one o' these...
41eb0wsuD3L._SY300_QL70_.jpg
s-l1000.jpg
He, he, :). That was funny. What's embarrasing is I have TWO UPS's with TEN outlets each, in EACH room. One room can accomodate the power inserter because I do have two free outlets. The thing is that in the other room two 10 outlet UPS's is still not enough. For that room I also connected a TEN outlet surge protected multiplier (almost full) on another wall outlet for less critical things. What I will do is disconnect one device from the battery outlet of one UPS (a less critical device), and reconnect it to the surge multiplier so that the Power Inserter of the DPH42 has battery access so the DVR keeps recording in a power outage. It can be a pain to access the rear outlets of the UPS in that room, but it can be done for the love of an H3.

Why so many oulets and devices? I have a lot of other legacy Consumer Electronics in that room that I still use today: SVHS, DVD Recorder, Turntable, Audio Cassette, dbx Compander, CD Recorder, CD Player, are just a few, and we have not even gotten to the Blu-ray disc player. So, I think you get the picture. It even amazes me sometimes. :).

Dish is switching to Eastern Arch for Hopper's here in Central IL. They will using 72.7 and 61.5 only. I have an upgrade coming to a Hopper 3/Joey2. Right now I am using 3-3' antennas with duel DPP LNBF's. I have a 722/922 setup being fed by a DP33 switch. With the DPH42 switch I'll be able to, later on, use 2 of three. I'll have the installer use a non-pen roof mount I have to install on the ground and peak 2 antennas to the new orbital slots. When the new switch comes out it'll be a simple swap. I don't get any higher signal strength using the 3 footer, but have very little rain fade.

Dish is switching to Eastern Arch for Hopper's here in Central IL.

Since "Central IL" could mean a couple different markets, it might help if you told us specifically yours...because it sure isn't ours in Springfield/Decatur/Champaign.
Are you in the Peoria/Bloomington market per chance???
(FYI...it's arc...) ;)

Looks like its coming January.

Doesn't look like H1,H2 are compatible.
But it does look like Hybrid LNB isn't required, and DPP LNB can be used.
http://blog.solidsignal.com/content.php/5979-CEDIA-2016-DISH-shows-DPH42-Hybrid-Switch

OK, but something that's confusing on large picture with the "long coax or multiple ho's" in SS's link...there appear to be 4 coax runs from the dish, (into the Sonora box) but the sign for the dish says "DISH PP Hybrid LNBF". Where are they getting (4) feeds out of a DPPH LNB...when they only have 2 outputs???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts