DPH42, Hopper w/Sling, Joey, and Wineguard Traveler on RV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tcreek

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 23, 2007
North Pole, Alaska
Finally selling the house and moving into trailer with a Wineguard Traveler mounted on roof. There is only two cables from the Traveler to the basement storage area, and then two cables (one to living room and one to bed room) that are marked SAT inputs. Currently have a Hopper w/Sling and plan upgrading to Hopper 3 sometime in the future.

I am thinking of installing the DPH42 and solo hub now instead of the solo node I currently use in the house. Then when I upgrade to Hopper 3, I just have to replace the receiver. Will the DPH42 and solo hub work with the HWS and Joey?

Most of the diagrams I see for the DPH42 and traveler show three cables from the Traveler. Mine only has two cables. The third port isn't connected. Will I have to run a third cable?

The Traveler doesn’t support two sats at a time. Not so good with Hoppers.

The Traveler doesn’t support two sats at a time. Not so good with Hoppers.
What do you mean? The Trav'ler is just like a DPP 1000.2 dish.

Yes you need three coax cables from the Trav'ler to the DPH42 Switch. You could put the DPH42 on the roof and use the current coax down cables to connect to the SOLO Hub and Joey.

Reactions: Ziptied

Yes you need three coax cables from the Trav'ler to the DPH42 Switch. You could put the DPH42 on the roof and use the current coax down cables to connect to the SOLO Hub and Joey.

Mounting on the roof is a problem as the instructions show mounting upright and not flat on roof. May have to run third cable.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 216
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 232
Not sure where the electrons would run out. I currently have my DPH42 mounted horizontal under a shelf in the bedroom TV Compartment.

I assume the issue is not having any of the coax connections exposed to downward rain.

Since the current two cables run down to the basement storage area, you can probably lift the cable cover and have a have a straight shot to the basement with a third cable and have the DPH42 in the basement. But you will need a 120V receptacle tor the power inserter.

Not sure where the electrons would run out. I currently have my DPH42 mounted horizontal under a shelf in the bedroom TV Compartment.

I assume the issue is not having any of the coax connections exposed to downward rain.

Since the current two cables run down to the basement storage area, you can probably lift the cable cover and have a have a straight shot to the basement with a third cable and have the DPH42 in the basement. But you will need a 120V receptacle tor the power inserter.

Found a note in the install instructions that says can be horizontal, just can't let water get in connections. May mount a water proof box near that cover (or over it) and mount the DPH42 in it.

Long story about where the cables run. Ran solar cables thru that cover, and found the coax ran thru a stud in the wall to get around the vent pipe. Then loops back to the ODS side of the trailer to the "utilities" section where the water connections are.

What receivers are you using?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)