DPP 322 Receiver Satellite Input Error

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

garrettmiami06

Original poster
Dec 28, 2013
Caribbean
Hi guys,

Idk...it seems as of late, I've been having some issues with one of my Dish 322 receivers. My Setup:

2 dish 322 Receivers (with separators)
1 DPP33 Switch
2 DP LNB's (1 for 110 & 1 for 119 sats)

I have one receiver that works fine. When I go to the check switch option in menu I get Reception Verified for both Satellite Inputs. However, on the other receiver......I get reception verified on Satellite Input 2 but receive a Reception Error on Satellite Input 1. I've swapped out separators and even relocating the receiver to the working receivers lines. Nothing worked. I tested the voltage coming from both Inputs and its a steady 18 volts.

Is there anything else I can try before calling dish support.

Thanks

Hi guys,

Idk...it seems as of late, I've been having some issues with one of my Dish 322 receivers. My Setup:

2 dish 322 Receivers (with separators)
1 DPP33 Switch
2 DP LNB's (1 for 110 & 1 for 119 sats)

I have one receiver that works fine. When I go to the check switch option in menu I get Reception Verified for both Satellite Inputs. However, on the other receiver......I get reception verified on Satellite Input 2 but receive a Reception Error on Satellite Input 1. I've swapped out separators and even relocating the receiver to the working receivers lines. Nothing worked. I tested the voltage coming from both Inputs and its a steady 18 volts.

Is there anything else I can try before calling dish support.

Thanks

If you have it, run a coax line from the lnb to the receiver, bypassing the switch. If that shows clean signal, then run a cable from the switch output to the receiver. If there is a problem, the LNB has to be replaced. If that causes no issues, then the cable or a barrel connector( perhaps in a wall plate) has gone bad. .
If with the temporary cable, there exists the issue no matter what, the receiver is crapping out and must be replaced.

@Dishcomm......I did connect directly to the LNB and was unable to get a signal on Input 1 but was however able to get a signal via Input 2. Thanks for the help....im guessing Input 1 is shot on this reciever. @Boba.....yes, the problem did follow the receiver. To add insult to injury....im not sure how to go about getting a replacement or having it fixed as I live in the Caribbean. Any ideas?????

Reverse the separator so the voltage to the switch is provided by and passed from input #2 which you said is working instead of from input #1.

$90 plus shipping from Solid Signal. Or good luck with Dish. Perhaps a family member on the mainland can help?

At that price, might want to consider a ViP211 or 222 series.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

$90 plus shipping from Solid Signal. Or good luck with Dish. Perhaps a family member on the mainland can help?

At that price, might want to consider a ViP211 or 222 series.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Well i do have a spare 322........just not sure how to go about adding it to my account wit dish. Maybe i'll look into the VIP 222 series.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)