Most Apps Not Working on HWS & Joey

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

flaboye

Original poster
Jan 24, 2014
Florida
Have a HWS S335, and 1 Joey S363. Since the initial install 2 weeks ago, most of the apps have never worked. Weather App, Pandora, Social, Photo sharing, and the one that is supposed to let you view your account info. They just hang when you attempt to load any of them. This is on both Hopper and Joey. Software was at S330 and it skipped 334 and went straight to 335. Have been told "it's being worked on" but it appears many others have apps that work. Bridging is on, VOD works, facebook works, it's not internet connectivity related, both HWS and Joey have great connectivity. I also use the dish anywhere app on an android tablet, so again this doesn't appear to be internet connectivity related.

I've gone through the resets, the network resets, the turning off bridging and just running the HWS without the Joey even in the picture, etc.

Just thought I'd post to see if others are in the same boat or if I'm up my own creek here.
icon_e_smile.gif

I realize most of these apps aren't that big of a deal, I have all of these on the smart TV's and the blu-rays, however, the dish account info app, that one would be nice to see working, such as if I hit a channel sometimes it will say to press ok to see information about upgrading, well it goes nowhere except to a hanging dish account app, that one would probably be beneficial if it worked.

The videos you see advertising the hopper, seeing them going through all the apps also looks very attractive, but I wouldn't know as mine have never worked.

Anyone else experiencing this as well, and if you were able to get them working how did you do it?

If you read through many of the threads on here you will find that a lot of people are having issues with the apps. I may even have issues with mine but I wouldn't know because I never use them. It seems Dish is aware of the issue but I have no idea when it will be fixed.

When I had my install (12-20-13) . The one HWS had all kinds of app issues...freezing, screen garbage (Pandora), time-outs (Facebook). The other HWS had zero issues ???

Now about 10 days before the 330/335 updates , the apps are working as intended. Can't understand that one :confused:

I like Scherrman really don't plan to use 'em. The only one that I use consistently use is the Weather app. My Daughter has Pandora / Facebook / Twitter, My Wife has Facebook, but I don't really see them using it, other that on their phones/tablets/laptops??

While I'm glad that they are working ...for me.... as intended. I just don't use the apps available at this time.

For those who use them thou' I hope Dish comes up with a solution :)

Steve

I do not think it is Xip913 specific as our hopper2k 813 crashes/hangs/locks up on the weather app and Facebook app constantly!
with S424 it has gotten slower to run but has about the same app reliability... too bad as this box (even without sling) cannot compare to any other in terms of features on a set top box!

Yep, known issue.

I will on occasion use the weather app, but my wife refuses to use the FB app since there is no keyboard/pointing device. And no plans for any, either.

I just got my Hopper last Friday and none of my apps work. They screen says Loading, Please wait and never loads. My internet connection is working, but my MoCa bridge fails. I do not have a Joey, Is that what the MoCa bridge is for or do I need MoCa anyway.

All the apps on both my HWS and Joey began working on their own a couple of days ago. I'd say it took about 2 weeks for all of them to just "simply work". As odd as that sounds. The MoCa is how the hws talks to the joey over coax, so if you have no joey it's probably normal for that to show red with no connection, though someone on here more knowledgeable can correct me if I am mistaken. I know if I take my joey to another location (room) and connect it via Ethernet there is no longer any MoCa connection showing "up" as it's not using the coax at that time, it's using the network to see the HWS. Hope that all your apps start working for you, there are a few that are nice.

I had the same experience that others have posted. When my Hopper with Sling was first installed, none of the apps worked. All of a sudden, about 2 weeks later they all just started to work...and it was not a software update that fixed the problem, they just started to work on their own!

I downloaded a BB @H movie and it played. In the bottom right hand corner of the movie was the word MoCa with a three out of four bar rating on the signal. But apps still do not work. Since mine was installed on Friday, I called the local tech's office that installed it and they are sending a high level tech out tomorrow morning to check it out at no cost to me. I will update tomorrow.

I got up this morning and my Hopper apps are working ,at least weather channel and Facebook. So, I called the tech and they said he is already scheduled and will come by and check out the Hopper, since the apps should have been working when installed. Some of the other apps require an upgrade, which I do not care to pay.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)