DPP 500+ into a Wally HELP!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gnr5

Original poster
May 23, 2017
Miami
Hello!

I just got a Wally and I have an old DPP 500+ antenna. Since Dish setup my home installation I'm not updated with wiring installation. Here are my questions:

1. Can I run a DPP 500+ with a Wally?

2. If so, the DPP 500+ has three outputs, it looks like I need a switch. Can I use any Diseqc switch? Or do I need one specific for Dish?

I know this doesn't answer your question but you really need to upgrade from the 500 to a model 1000 dish or you will get very little HD programming.

Reactions: TheKrell
I know this doesn't answer your question but you really need to upgrade from the 500 to a model 1000 dish or you will get very little HD programming.
That might be a proper solution, because I'm seeing a switch for the DPP 500 is like $50.

Dish 500+ is for internationals the 118.7 is circular polarized. That usually means a DISH branded product. If you are looking for HD you need the 1000+ adapter.

Reactions: gnr5
I'm on the Latino 200 package, don't know if I'm getting anything that's on 118.

Ok so I was able to get a 1000.2 antena, the LNB says LNBF DPPlus and it has 3 outputs and 1 LNB input just like this picture. Back to my original question, can I run just one single cable from port 1 into the Wally to get 110 & 119 satellites or do I need a switch?

1576343153264.png

I'm on the Latino 200 package, don't know if I'm getting anything that's on 118.

Ok so I was able to get a 1000.2 antena, the LNB says LNBF DPPlus and it has 3 outputs and 1 LNB input just like this picture. Back to my original question, can I run just one single cable from port 1 into the Wally to get 110 & 119 satellites or do I need a switch?

View attachment 142266

If you use the 1000.2 dish, you'll get 110, 119, and 129 all over one cable from the lnb. The switch is built in.

Reactions: JSheridan and gnr5

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts