DPP Equipment with LONG run to Switches

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mark77

Original poster
May 15, 2019
united states
Greetings! I have a DPP Quad LNB. It HAS to be mounted 300 feet away from the switches. Distribution beyond the switches is ~20-50 feet.

The distribution is wired with RG6 Quad.

We were thinking of running RG11U: direct burial, swept to 5GHz, through underground pipe... In fact, we ARE going to do this.

I would love to know what the chances of our success is. I think this will work as long as I get a good line of sight to the bird. PLus, the DPP is not switching voltages (constant 19VDC).

Thanks!

Welcome!
Which bird and service are you looking at in particular? Guessing you have trouble finding a good line-of-sight to the satellite of interest.
The RG11 should work out fine, make sure you get good connectors.

Greetings! I have a DPP Quad LNB. It HAS to be mounted 300 feet away from the switches. Distribution beyond the switches is ~20-50 feet.

The distribution is wired with RG6 Quad.
tweakbox appvalley https://vlc.onl/

We were thinking of running RG11U: direct burial, swept to 5GHz, through underground pipe... In fact, we ARE going to do this.

I would love to know what the chances of our success is. I think this will work as long as I get a good line of sight to the bird. PLus, the DPP is not switching voltages (constant 19VDC).

Thanks!
my issue got solved!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)