DPP Quad & DPP44 coming to Bell TV, October 23rd.

Slartibartfarst

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 15, 2007
Great news for Installers across Canada, after 7 years (I think) of waiting, Bell are finally going to let Installers loose on the DPP44 switch.

About time too.....

What I find interesting is there is going to be a DishPro Plus QUAD for Bell. Dish does not have this instead they have a Twin (but the Twin does have an input option so the DPP44 is not needed)

Right now im using a DPP Twin with a DPP 44 running 9242(with DPP separator) & 2 6131's + someday a 9252 with another DPP Separator.

What I find interesting is there is going to be a DishPro Plus QUAD for Bell. Dish does not have this instead they have a Twin (but the Twin does have an input option so the DPP44 is not needed)

I guess this also means that Bell have no intentions of adding a 3rd orbital slot, so the DPP Quad will be perfect for 2 birds and up to 4 Receivers.

That is correct, it has already been stated they are spending next to none on Bell TV in the future. This is one of the reasons for MPEG4, to avoid putting up another satellite. Their focus is more on Fibre now I believe.

Last edited:
Bell is spending a sh!load of money on the MPEG4 swap. I don't think they have given up on satellite just yet.

I doubt it is more than the cost if a new satellite, launch and license fees for 15+ years... And once the MPEG4 change is done there will be very little more they will do money wise.

Hi guys,

Do you know where I could actually buy a DPP Quad? I have been surfing the net a lot and mostly found only DP Quad (from Dish Net.) and I am anxious to get this piece of equipment because as my house is pre-wired with only one outlet in the living room, and I want to upgrade my 5900 to a 9241 with a total of 4 receivers in the house.

If you guys know any retailers, or installers that would willingly sell a LNB on it's own... Thanks for your help!!

I'm not positive but it sounds like Bell techs are the only ones giving them out. Eventually some will show up on ebay but thye will be hard to find for quite some time it seems.

You are correct, only via National Installers too, Retail Installers can't get their hands on them even.

Bell are watching E Bay for these goodies, so they can charge them with theft......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)