dpp twin switches

dbajaer

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 27, 2005
With all of the dual tuner receivers, how do we use the DPP Twin with 129 added, and supply three receivers. The DPP 44 seems a bit expensive to just add one set, is there another alternative?

Actually there is a way, but it only works if you have one duel and two single receivers. what you do is take two separators, hook the incoming from the dish into the sat in on the separators, then take the sat1's on the separators and hook them up to the single receivers, then take sat2's and hook them to the Duel. Wile this will work, I recommend just getting a 1000.2

Actually there is a way, but it only works if you have one duel and two single receivers.
Amazing; never knew that. I always heard it could not be done, period.

To the OP: there is yet another alternative, and that is the DPP33. You might have to swap out the DPP twin for a DP twin, however.

Last edited:
If your wondering why that works it is because the ProPlus equipment sends out two Independent sat signals, one at about 1GHz and one at about 2GHz. The Duels can read both the higher and lower frequency signals the singles can only read the lower one. What the separator dose is separate them apart (Hence the name) with the 1GHz signal on port one and the 2GHz signal on port two.

I suggest testing that setup a bit more. I suspect you'll find that you have problems if all four tuners want something on a different satellite or polarity.

The Duels can read both the higher and lower frequency signals the singles can only read the lower one.
I wouldn't want to get into a duel with you ;) but the solos have to be able to "see" both bandstacked bands or else they couldn't use DP (not plus) switches or LNBs. But I am sure you are right about the Solos being able to address DPP switches, and that only works for the lower band. I'm frankly surprised it works at all.

Seems to me that a simple firmware update would fix this and allow much more flexibility with installations than the advertised specs currently allow.

DishPro equipment doesn't band stack. it switches. See poorly drawn diagram. What I'm trying to say is that on DishPro equipment is that depending on the signal from the receiver it just switches witch sat it is looking at. It doesn't look at all the sats all time, if it did you'd end up with basically the same thing as direct's swm module.

Attachments

• DP vs DPP.png
    DP vs DPP.png
    3.7 KB · Views: 149
DishPro equipment does bandstack. Used many of the old Superdish LNB"s in a free to air setup and they most definitelly are bandstacked

I think when I say band stacked I mean something different than when you say it. When I say it I mean that there are two separate satellite signals layered one on top of the other. And I Know DishPro equipment has only one sat signal per cable. What do you mean when you say band stacked?

I think when I say band stacked I mean something different than when you say it. When I say it I mean that there are two separate satellite signals layered one on top of the other. And I Know DishPro equipment has only one sat signal per cable. What do you mean when you say band stacked?

bandstacked is when the "normal" horizontal polarity channels are "stacked" above the vertical and made vertical

so as example....the old Superdishes that had a KU Band LNB and 2 DBS

"normal" KU is 11700-12200 frequency
"bandstacked" is 11700-12900.
Verticals are 11700-12200 and horizontals are now 12400-12900 and made vertical

brother anole also lists it out pretty well
http://www.satelliteguys.us/2127115-post5.html

All Dishpro LNB"s are bandstacked

the simplest answer to this question is a 1002 dish.

Yeah I agree with this although no matter how you slice it you will end up running another line from the dish or dish's if you go with a 1000.2 or you run a DP33 switch cause you will need a feed from each port or sat. This is why if the Sat is run rather far from where all the connections in a home are made/ground block is sitting that a tech will drop that 3rd line with the dual line to make it easier in the future if someone goes back to it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)