dpp twin /w dp single lnb

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

alberto7valdez

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 17, 2008
hope someone can help... i've had the following working great for weeks..
one vip612 and one vip211 hooked up to a dpp twin with dp single lnb hooked up to the input port of the dpp twin (using separator on the vip612)(looking at 119,110,and 61.5).... now the vip612 will only see the 61.5 and errors on the 119 and 110... it does detect a ddp twin w/ separator... i ran the check switch a dozen times and always the same thing.... i looked at the details and it tells me it only gets the odds on the 119 and the 110 (on both tuners) but it does get the even and odd on the 61.5..... i've swapped cables and receivers and still the same thing..... on the vip211 everything works great... see's 119 110 and 61.5

Sounds like your DPP twin took a nose dive. You can go into the sys info and check the LNB drift. Most likely you just need to replace the DPP twin.

ran a check again this morning and everything worked.... but after an hour i lost signal again on 119 and 110... there is only one break along the line and i cannot make the line shorter.... this only happens on the vip612.... on the vip211, signal is always good. is there anyway i can amplify the signal? if the dpp twin took a nose dive, shouldnt i also get problems on the vip211?

but i've swapped lines (ports) and same issue... i checked into the "drift" thing.... not sure what that means, but it gives me a list of times and dates when the signal was lost... will do more research into the drift thing.... i'm just not sure if i have a bad dpp twin, too long cable, the break in the cable or alignment issue.... its just odd cause it was working fine for weeks.. will keep researching...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)