DPP44 Installation Question

tr0nllam

Original poster
Feb 21, 2006
I have a Dish 1000 that was installed by Dish Network a couple years ago that runs a single coax to my 622 which uses a dish pro separator to connect the dual tuners.

Now I wish to add a 522 to my home in addition to the 622 and I was wondering how I can do that with my single coax setup. I have a DPP44 that I purchased separately, but it doesn't seem recognize all 3 satellites when I run the single coax from my Dish 1000 to the DPP44. I have seen diagrams that show 3 separate cables being run into the DPP44, but my setup has all 3 satellites in one cable.

My question is: Do I have to run 3 separate cables from the Dish 1000 in order to add an additional receiver or is there a way to hookup the single cable that I currently have to my DPP44? Thanks for your help.

The 1000 dish (has a DPP Twin and a dual)... which means you have 2 available outputs for 2 dual dual receivers.

If you have the 1000.2, it has 3 outputs for up to 3 dual tuners.

You cannot hook a DPP44 to a DPP Twin or 1000.2 LNB.

The 44 switch is intended to be hooked to DP dual LNB's which do not have an integrated switch.

If you decide to go the 44 switch route for some reason - you'll need to have 3 DP Duals on your dish and 3 lines running from the dish to your DPP44 - then one line from the 44 to each of your dual tuners. You'll want your power inserter to be on output port 1 of your DPP44.

You can hook a DPP44 to a 1000.2, but it disables all internal functions of the switch on the 1000.2.

It is only needed if you have 4+ receivers in your system.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)