DPP44 Program Guide Problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

snaps98

Original poster
Feb 7, 2006
I just installed a DPP44 to my Dish 1000 so i can add a third 622 receiver to my dish. The channels all seem to come through but at time the error will come up and ask me to chanel up or down cause the channel info is not found. If i do check switch and download program guide all over it will show up but i had to do this 3 times so far. Anything i can check or did i have the switch wired wrong even though it shows all channels at time and gives all OK's in my setup page.

yes it is on port one. the channels are coming through but not sure if anyone else had the problem of loosinf its channel data once in a while on some channels and than check swithc and downloading the guide fixes it.

Just out of question how is the DPP44 switch connected to the 1000 dish? If you are using a DPPTwin in the mix dish says this can cause strange issues sometimes. By Spec, DPP LNBs are not compatible with any switches, although it does seem to work most most of the time. I'm curious why you opted for a DPP44 switch instead of a 1000.2 dish (which has 3 DPPlus outputs)? Any additional info you can provide will help us better diagnose your problem

How new is the 1000.2? i just had my dish installed about a year in a half ago. All i noticed on my dish 1000 is that it had port 1 and 2 out put on the lnb's. What can i check to see if it is a 1000.2 or not. If it is not than i would have to buy another dish, have it realigned. for me the dp44 was cheaper and easier to install

How new is the 1000.2? i just had my dish installed about a year in a half ago. All i noticed on my dish 1000 is that it had port 1 and 2 out put on the lnb's. What can i check to see if it is a 1000.2 or not. If it is not than i would have to buy another dish, have it realigned. for me the dp44 was cheaper and easier to install

Do you have 3 lines coming from the Dish 1000 to the inputs of the DPP44?

You cannot have the 129 DP DUal LNB going to the DPP TWIN first.

It should be:

DPPTwin Port 1 out to DPP44 Port 1 In
DPPTwin Port 2 out to DPP44 Port 2 In
DPPTwin IN Port - No connection
DP Dual either port out to DPP44 Port 3 In

Since youve already invested in the DPP44, I would forget about the Dish 1000.2.

A better setup would be to have 3 DP Duals on that dish wired directly to the DPP44 and forget about the Twin. More reliable and easier to diagnose troubles.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts