DPP44 Switch (for 622) - How do I get one? Bribes, dirty pics, threats???

Y2k06

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 16, 2006
OK, so here's the Frickin Problem. Install that SHOULD have happened last Sunday didn't - No DPP44's - a must have item to use the separator for the new 622, which has been sitting on the floor for 2 weeks:mad:

The local sub installer called today and said they had pulled every sting they could and were told there are no 44's and had no idea when of if they would get any. (DFW area) He aplogized as they really were trying to help me out. He said, he was calling DISH and turning the work order back over to them. He said a Dish empoyed installer (non subcontractor) might have some, but he couldn't even work out a deal with a couple of them he knew.

I've tried everything short of throwing a 2 yr old temper tantrum speaking with Dish on how I can get one to complete the install.. It's like talking to a rock. They can't tell me anything other than - "I don't need the 44" to "we've re-scheduled you for April 12 for a new dish" - I don't need a frickin new dish - already have a 211 for HD (which is another story in itself)

Someone, anyone - how can I convince them I don't need a pro-installer to waste his and my time to hook up a 44, separator and power inserter? There HAS to be a way short of me having to buy one on Ebay.

Anyone got any ideas on how to acquire this part before April 12? *GEESH* This is ridiculous.

You can agree to pay the difference in cost for a dpp44 over a dp34, but you would probually be better off to just buy a 44 off of ebay. The problem is DNS used a ton of the 44 switches and they are on backorder for 2 months now. They say they will only allow the use of a 44 for a 4 orbital install. For dual tuners they want a second line run which many customers will not allow or it is just impossible. Its a bad time for us and the customers right now. Ive been down this road too many times lately over not being able to use a seperator.

As long as you don't have more than 2 receivers than you're correct, you don't need a DPP44. The main LNB on the dish 1000 is a Dish Pro Plus Twin LNB and the seperator can be used to feed dual tuner receivers

THE solution!

1) Leave your existing Dishes / Switches / Receivers (2 301's and a 211) as they are now. Remove the 508 that is being replaced with a 622.
2) Get a Dish 1000 solely for the new 622. You can feed it with a single cable from the 1000 and use the included separator to connect to both inputs on the 622
3) Watch TV!

Last edited:
WiCkeDuDe said:
They say they will only allow the use of a 44 for a 4 orbital install. For dual tuners they want a second line run which many customers will not allow or it is just impossible. Its a bad time for us and the customers right now.

Exactly my situation - impossible

So, What is Dish's answer to this dilemma? Surely there are a boat load of people in the same situation? Do we just let the 622 sit and make a nice 'conversation piece' out of it? Dish needs to step up to the plate in cases like this.

brettbolt said:
1) Leave your existing Dishes / Switches / Receivers (2 301's and a 211) as they are now. Remove the 508 that is being replaced with a 622.
2) Get a Dish 1000 solely for the new 622. You can feed it with a single cable from the 1000 and use the included separator to connect to both inputs on the 622
3) Watch TV!

:confused: :confused: HUH? :confused: :confused:

How would that work.. Still need 3 sat feed cables from the 1000 into a switch (I presume 110/119/129) to go somewhere into a switch, before using a separator, yes?

Even with D1000, would still need to run into a DPP44 switch to use separator, correct? Therein lies the problem, ONLY a DPP44 switch can use the separator, if this is consistent with other posts.... Am I missing something?

No.

The Dish 1000 has 2 outputs, which can feed 2 dual tuners using seperators. You don't have to have a DPP44 to use seperators!!! A DPP Twin LNB (which is on a dish 1000) works too!

BFG said:
No.

The Dish 1000 has 2 outputs, which can feed 2 dual tuners using seperators. You don't have to have a DPP44 to use seperators!!! A DPP Twin LNB (which is on a dish 1000) works too!

Does anyone have a diagram of this? Dish just installed my 1000 but it has 3 lines that connect to a DP33 switch. Then there are three lines off the 33 into the house feeding a new 211 and a 942.

I would like to use a sperator with the 942 if possible.

Just connect
1 cable to port 1 to run to your 211
1 cable to port 2 to run to your 942 use a seperator at the 942 and plug the 2 cables into the 942.
really not that difficult...

My first install with the 622 picked up sats 110/119/61.5. My installer put new LNB's on the dishes (I had Legacy at the time). He was able to install all this without a switch to a 622 and a 811 (three lines). I don't know how he did it, but I had 3 sats going to 3 receivers tuners.

Now since my HD locals are on 129, the installer came back to install a Dish 1000 to pick up 110/119/129 and I still have my other dish at 61.5. Now I have 4 sats and 3 tuners, so I now have a DP44 switch.

Sounds to me that you don't need the DPP44, if you are only using 3 sats and 3 tuners (of course this depends on what type of LNB's you have). Unfortuneately, I don't know what my installer had at the time.

BFG said:
Just connect
1 cable to port 1 to run to your 211
1 cable to port 2 to run to your 942 use a seperator at the 942 and plug the 2 cables into the 942.
really not that difficult...

In addition to what Brian said, at the LNBs you will need a cable jumper to go from the DP Dual to the DPP Twin.

"demand reimbursement for dpp 44 ie programmiong credits to offset price of switch."

Why would Dish have to reimburse you for the DPP44 switch? They provided you with the hardware to make it work. If the subscriber wants to change the configuration that should be his expense, don't you think?

cause they do
when i had 8 irds most dual tuners all the dual tuners were coming with dpp seperator but my 3 dp34 wouldnt work, so i called and demanded satisfaction well i was quasi satisfied
i ended getting 3 dpp 44 from dish for price of 2

you called there switches hardware i call them junk
if dtv made a switch similar to dpp 44 it would cost 72.00 not 199.99
dish rapes customers at every chance they get
customer stated he wants dpp 44 or dish can come pickup there sh*t

is dish ready to lose yet another customer? probably not

so i think to keep a customer dish could eat the 120.00 dollars they would lose if customer buys dpp 44 off of ebay
then dish can give him 120.00 in programming credits or lose a customer, its there choice not mine

waiting additional weeks or months for a switch isnt right
step up to the plate dish3

although there probably just holding all the dpp 44's to drum up more demand as they did with the 622 in early feb.

dish dont understand suggestions, thats why you must demand

Last edited:
Again, to REITERATE the need for the DPP44 switch.

It is virtually impossible to pull another (2nd) coax to the 622. There is only ONE cable to that location. I have no way around that problem. The other 3 ports are / will be used by a 301, a 508 and a 211. ALL output ports are taken!

Don't really care about Dish 1000 or LNB's - EVERYTHING I have read here (and elsewhere) says current equipment will work with the DPP44 - THAT is the dead link in completing the chain. You can put 1000 dishes on the roof, but if there is only 1 wire/coax and it needs to be split, a DPP44 is required, yes?

Last edited:
buy on ebay then call dish and bitch till the cows come home
eventually they will give in and give you programming credits
dish does give money back, its like pulling teeth though

Y2k06 said:
Again, to REITERATE the need for the DPP44 switch.

It is virtually impossible to pull another (2nd) coax to the 622. There is only ONE cable to that location. I have no way around that problem.

Don't really care about Dish 1000 or LNB's - EVERYTHING I have read here (and elsewhere) says current equipment will work with the DPP44 - THAT is the dead link in completing the chain. You can put 1000 dishes on the roof, but if there is only 1 wire/coax and it needs to be split, a DPP44 is required, yes?
It depends on how many receivers you have. If you have two or less, then the standard Dish 1000 with the DPP Twin will work for you, like BFG said. It uses the same technology as the DPP44 switch.

If you have more than two receivers, then the DPP44 is the best solution for you.

I currently have a Dish 500 with a DPP Twin feeding 3 tuners via 2 coax with a separator. I am getting a second dish and a 622, so I will have 3 sats and 4 tuners. I'd like to do it through the 2 existing coax (with 2 separators). Will I need a DP44 to do this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)