DPP44 Switch with an SW64 Switch

No you cannot. You cannot mix legacy equipment with DishPro (or Pro Plus) LNBs or switches. You may, however, acquire another DPP44, the much cheaper DPP33, or a cheaper still DP34 and cascade that off the passthrough ports of your DPP44.

NO. SW64 is Legacy switch and will not work with DishProPlus switch. Is any of your receivers Vip models? If so, you can use separator and feed dual tuner with sigle output and free a slot for additional single tuner receiver. One DPP44 can actually feed 4 dual tuned receivers with separators.

Attachments

• separator.jpg
    separator.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 169
No you cannot. You cannot mix legacy equipment with DishPro (or Pro Plus) LNBs or switches. You may, however, acquire another DPP44, the much cheaper DPP33, or a cheaper still DP34 and cascade that off the passthrough ports of your DPP44.

The DPP33 will not work unless he is using 3 separate Dish Pro Dual LNBFs (the DPP33 does not work with DPP LNBFs). I don't think the DP34 will work, but even if it did it will take away your ability to use DPP separators, meaning that 2 lines will have to be run to each Dual Tuner.

The only way to go is adding on another DPP-44 switch

Here they are 149.99 shipped

Last edited:
The DPP33 will not work unless he is using 3 separate Dish Pro Dual LNBFs (the DPP33 does not work with DPP LNBFs). I don't think the DP34 will work, but even if it did it will take away your ability to use DPP separators, meaning that 2 lines will have to be run to each Dual Tuner.

The only way to go is adding on another DPP-44 switch

Here they are 149.99 shipped
... But if he already has a working DPP44 in the system then he already has the correct setup for that?

I claim the OP can cascade a DPP33 or DP34 (or DPP44) off an existing DPP44. The rather large caveat being that you would only be passing 3 out of the possible 4 satellites connected to the existing DPP44. I forgot about 4-sat setups completely when I wrote my original post. Sorry about that.

I claim the OP can cascade a DPP33 or DP34 (or DPP44) off an existing DPP44. The rather large caveat being that you would only be passing 3 out of the possible 4 satellites connected to the existing DPP44. I forgot about 4-sat setups completely when I wrote my original post. Sorry about that.

I would agree, DP or DPP switches should work just fine off the pass throughs from a DPP44 switch. Legacy switches will not work since DP bandstacks both sides of the LNB and legacy switches cannot handle this. I have personally had a DP34 switch off my DPP44 without issue, you just get 3 of the 4 satellites and of course have to run 2 cables to dual tuner receivers if you do not use DP+. A DP34 switch might be the least expensive alternative if you are feeding a single tuner 5th box and do not need all 4 satellites to it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts