Dr. Emmett Brown says........

Status
Please reply by conversation.

robsadler

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 10, 2004
Charleston, WV
One-hundred and fifty HD channels coming?

Has to be local channels he is referring too. If not maybe I fell off my toilet and came up with the idea of the flux capacitor !!!!!

Maybe his knowledge can help D* with getting the sats up.

As far as I'm concerned it borders on false advertising.

Why and how?

"DIRECTV is launching four new satellites over the next two years that will enable it to provide up to 150 national HD channels and local HD in most cities in 2007."

total capacity

The average person, not one of us, hears 150 channels and NEVER will hear the word "capacity". I think it's the same thing as the deal that New Hampshire hammered them over and I think it's going to get them in trouble again.

Just because people don't read exacts or hear exacts does not make it so; neither do filed law suits. The FACT is they say this exact phrase, "DIRECTV is launching four new satellites over the next two years that will enable it to provide up to 150 national HD channels and local HD in most cities in 2007".; and that is factual. and I am asking you to please tell me why its not. AND "that will enable it to provide up to...." is the layman's explanation of total system capacity.

In another earlier version they used this exact phrase, "DIRECTV is launching four new satellites over the next two years that will enable it to provide up to 150 national HD channels and 1500 local HD channels in 2007". (had the 1500 total LIL HD which I think they changed to the above because some knuckelheads really thought they were going to get 1500 locals - DUH!)

Last edited:
I understand what you are saying but I darn well guarantee you that if it comes to court D* will lose or they will cave. The lowest common denominator wins these things, i.e. the fool that spills hot coffee on themselves at a McDonald's drive thru. You know the coffee is hot, I know the coffee is hot, EVERYONE knows the coffee is HOT!!! But guess who won the lawsuit???

Oh, and to conclude that though, D* is using just enough weasel words to try and fool a lot of people. Otherwise they wouldn't try and hide it.

Now you are just being obtuse. Like I said they are using weasel words. "up to", "capacity" and the like. Whatever happened to trying to being a good corporate citizen and standing on what you have that makes you WORTH patronizing instead of trying to fool people?

I don't know what your point of all that was. Liebeck was sitting in the seat of a CAR when she got burned and dropped the cup. She STILL won the case didn't she. Maybe not as much as the initial award but she STILL got awarded for being stupid didn't she?

The last statement is totally incorrect in your post. The McDonald's employee didn't drop the coffee.

No I think you are just being too closed minded to what advanced or planned rollouts are by huge companies.

Because they (DirecTV) does not know in 2006 ,when they are launching the first of 4 sats, what can, what will or what might happen. They also do not know in advance what total number of channels that will be signed and what new ones, if any, will be ready, or that might even fold by 2007 Q3; so they report what they control; their system and what it is DESIGNED to do, its capabilities/capacity. Thats it, you are trying to read into and twist what they are trying to tell you because you really want more info.

She STILL won the case didn't she. Maybe not as much as the initial award but she STILL got awarded for being stupid didn't she?

They both settled, she didn't get anything + or - for her stupidity, but because at the time the experts and the jury (ARGH) thought 185-190 degrees was excessively hot. So even though she f'd up to start the chain of events, they said that the excessive temp was an issue. But none of this relates in any way to what we are discussing.

I have seen these same things as far back as the start of the NFL pre-season. Regardless of seeing the phrase today or last August, the fact still remains they are factually reporting their design capabilities as of a completed system rollout Q3 2007.

How about: I am currently set to release my cooler system in Q3 2007 that will enable storage of up to 10 - 5 liter bottles.

What does that tell or mean to you?

Last edited:
I was being serious, as it is nearly the same thing.

"I am currently set to release my cooler system in Q3 2007"

Advance press info of a yet to be released product or system; very much like the full 4 sat deployment by DirecTV.

"that will enable storage of up to 10 - 5 liter bottles"

Listing of its designed total capacity.

"up to 10 - 5 liter bottles"

Listing of items that may or may not exist at the time of my release, but at least I am designed to handle them, with my pre-announced capacity; if and when they arrive to the market.

It really is easy to see and understand what is being said, no more, no less.

This ad is ridiculous and should be pulled immediately.....I think directv will see reason soon enough and do so on their own.

If not, I hope the media remembers this commercial when directv fails to deliver.

You are the king of vague, negative comments without supporting facts and then when you are wrong, never show your face in that thread again; so please simply explain why this ad is wrong, misleading, or ridiculous , or whatever we are calling it next.

Explain with verifiable facts, no opinion or innuendo.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts