Dr.hd f15 receiver compare to geosat pro

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tanka

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 7, 2006
Toronto Canada
I'm looking to have F15 receiver or geosat pro hd.Did you no between the two.The best for sensitive to pull weak signals only.Don't compare about dollars euros.Important are only sensitive.Thank you.

Do you have a link to that F15 receiver? I haven't heard of it. I think you'll find the Geosat receivers have excellent abilities on weak signals from what I've read on the forum here. They're finding some very low symbol rate-signals with the new MicroHD also.

Saw the F15 last year while in Germany, but didn't play with it. Have no comparison information.

According to their FAQ, about to be phased out and replaced this month with the F22 model.

You might wait and purchase the new model and provide a comparison test for the forum.

Last edited:
With the Micro Hd you can't go wrong. I for one was tired of buying crappy receivers with no support so I went with the Micro because Brian is standing by what he sells

Dr.HD Grand receiver Dr.HD...G for the new ones and the old ones like F15 and 16 at e-shop Dr.HD I like the f15 I dont need the rest of the crape because the vantage vt1
do most.

I no the support for the Micro hd are very good and I like the receiver most for the 55.5 west 58 west c band weak signals

While I don't think many people have experienced a direct comparison between the F15 and the mHD, Most folks with a microHD will tell you it's the most sensitive tuner they have worked with. Comparing the mHD with my AI Turbo S2 meter shows the mHD to be extremely sensitive and watching the mHD shows it to be very stable too. In fact the best thing about the microHD is "It just works!"

Having someone who supports the product is worth a ton. I was reading some on ebay earlier, to see if spotted any ads for that f15 thing, and saw lots of new import models, some brands I had not heard of before. I looked at one that seemed interesting, down at the bottom of the details was the statement : "We will not be providing any support for this product." !! Makes me really want to order one, lol.

i find one person did have one dr hd f15 and said good but not like advertising.And said did have many lower priced receivers here do much more and a lot better.So f15 out Micro in I ope did do better job on the 55.5 west then my vantages.missing tps 3710v s2 3851h s2 3806v dvbs 3776h s2 4009v s2 3855h dvbs jamaica

Thanks for the info on the F15!

Maybe a SatelliteGuys member with a microHD and 55.5w could help you out with checking out those services before you buy.

Tanka - what are you using for dish & LNB?
How bad is your reception?
That info will be valuable in comparing your performance with others.

While I suspect the better receiver will help, optimizing all the components will get you greater safety margin.

ok i have 8ft dish Sami c+ku norsat 1106 06 db ku and c band norsat 8115 100 khz and I have on the rtp 4102 84 quality 3930h 81 quality 4095h quality 81 3695v 84 quality 4111h quality78 the reception on the 55.5 are good but not al tps and vantage vt1 vantage 1100hd azboxpremium plus

ok i have 8ft dish Sami c+ku norsat 1106 06 db ku and c band norsat 8115 100 khz and I have on the rtp 4102 84 quality 3930h 81 quality 4095h quality 81 3695v 84 quality 4111h quality78 the reception on the 55.5 are good but not al tps and vantage vt1 vantage 1100hd azboxpremium plus
hi
see you got no answer about 55 tp's
the new reggae jnn 3854 h 2220 s-2 is weaker than most and was before also weak before s-2.
do get them with a 8' with dual cband feedhorn 2 norsat 8520.
dual cband feedhorn's are best it is like............ cheating when compared to single lnb & servo.
have a 10' with lnbf it will not pick up 3854 h ......lnbf's not good lol
you will spend money on this FTA stuff why don't you try to get a used 10' dish or a nice ku dish and then you could have dual cband feedhorn on your 8' ?

wanted to send you a pm but your box is full say you have to delete some first
good luck
ps 3854 h MIA today nothing at all

Last edited:
new reggae jnn 3854 h 2220 s-2 is weaker than most and was before also weak before s-2 - - 3854 h MIA today nothing at all.
Same here. Conditions have to be 'just right' to get the new S2 signals. Before the switch to S2 I could get it all the time. Although, when I get it now, the pic quality is better than before.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)