Dr Who - Question on spoilers?

How to handle Spoilers

• Allow Spoilers prior to airing on BBC America

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Require Spoiler tags prior to airing on BBC America

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • Seperate BBC thread (allowing spoilers) to be merged once episode has aired on BBC America

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Seperate BBC thread (allowing spoilers), and left seperate even after airing on BBC America

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Derwin0

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 16, 2004
Peachtree City, GA
Okay people,

BBC America will be 2 weeks behind the BBC. I have a feeling most will watch via the BBC before it shows in the U.S.

So, the question is, do we allow spoilers in the episode threads?

Or do we have separate episode threads for those who watched via BBC and merge it into the main episode thread once BBC America shows the episode?

I see 4 options:

1 - One thread that allows spoilers
2 - One thread with spoiler tags
3 - A BBC Spoiler thread that will be merged into main thread after airing on BBC America
4 - A BBC Spoiler thread that will be left seperate.

Better to just have one thread with spoiler tags. Probably just a few comments on each episode anyways, no use having 2 threads for each episode.

I thought you could not watch on BBC from the states.
Normally you can't, but there are ways to accomplish it *cough*torrent*cough*, that many fans will use to see it ahead of time. Especially if there is a big gap between it showing in Britain and here.

BBC America has reduced the gap from what it was on SyFy, for example we got Last of the Time Lords 1 day later, but the upcoming series will have a 2 week delay, which is plenty of time to send people to alternate means.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)