DRA down today?

fbara

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 15, 2008
Oswego, IL
I can't login to dish remote access from the iPhone app or from mobile safari, it just hangs. Is it just me? I'm trying to watch some football while I'm out.

Am I dreaming or does DishOnLine now incorporate SlingBox capability.

This afternoon (while DOL was down) I tried to log on and was successful but could not connect with the Sling Adapter on my 722k.

I just for kicks I looked at my 211 with the SlingBox AV attached and there was an option to connect to a SlingBox there also.

I just checked and DishOnLine now has the cabability to view not only the Sling Adapter, but also my SlingBox on my 211.

And the format is the one with the Dish remote to the left making most controls much more intuitive than the old DOL mess.

Unfortunately the 722k with the Sling Extender still is using the old control layout with controls below the picture.

It would only be a matter of time for Dish to get most of the features from DRA moved over. There's always been the option to add a slingbox via the account tab in DO .. at least from my memory at least back to May ... and because the WebSlingPlayer is universally used, the controls are simply addressed from the server side .... server says "remote" you get remote .. server says "under-picture controls" and you get the under picture controls.. there are times when the command doesn't come down correctly, and the option is there to click on a "remote" button and up pops the on screen remote.

The way you know its not "intentional" is because when the icon pops up and you bring up the remote.. most of the important controls don't work or aren't mapped.. like DVR doesn't activate the "My Recordings" etc..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)