Draft on NFL Network out of sync?

king3pj

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jun 7, 2009
Michigan
Was the sound for the NFL draft out of sync on NFL network for anyone else tonight. All my other channels were synced up properly including ESPN's draft coverage and even the commercials on NFL network.

It might be an issue only if you are using 5.1 surround like I was. When I first set up my sony surround receiver the lips would always be out of sync to sound just like they were tonight due to display lag on my LED tv. I found a feature on my receiver that delays the sound so you can fix that though and I haven't had a problem since until tonight.

I was probably one of the few people trying to watch on NFL net instead of ESPN but I can't stand Mel Kiper. Did anyone else who watched the draft on NFL network in 5.1 surround sound notice the audio being out of sync tonight?

Was the sound for the NFL draft out of sync on NFL network for anyone else tonight. All my other channels were synced up properly including ESPN's draft coverage and even the commercials on NFL network.

It might be an issue only if you are using 5.1 surround like I was. When I first set up my sony surround receiver the lips would always be out of sync to sound just like they were tonight due to display lag on my LED tv. I found a feature on my receiver that delays the sound so you can fix that though and I haven't had a problem since until tonight.

I was probably one of the few people trying to watch on NFL net instead of ESPN but I can't stand Mel Kiper. Did anyone else who watched the draft on NFL network in 5.1 surround sound notice the audio being out of sync tonight?

It's not on our channel issue list. I'll escalate nonetheless.

Yes, I noticed this too. However, I also remember noticing this problem occasionally during the last season. I don't think it is only a recent phenomena.

Thanks for pointing it out!

I don't think NFL Network broadcasts in 5.1. I know their game telecasts aren't 5.1....

I understand that it might not have been in 5.1 but I guess I wasn't clear. What I meant was that I was using my 5.1 system when this was happening in case that makes a difference. I don't know if it is 5.1 or not.

What I do know is that when using dish through HDMI to my receiver, the receiver screen shows the DD symbol on all HD channels and the LPCM symbol on SD channels. My TV is very thin and the speakers are terrible so I always have my TV volume set to 0 and I use my surround sound system no matter what I am watching.

I understand that it might not have been in 5.1 but I guess I wasn't clear. What I meant was that I was using my 5.1 system when this was happening in case that makes a difference. I don't know if it is 5.1 or not.

What I do know is that when using dish through HDMI to my receiver, the receiver screen shows the DD symbol on all HD channels and the LPCM symbol on SD channels. My TV is very thin and the speakers are terrible so I always have my TV volume set to 0 and I use my surround sound system no matter what I am watching.
I do the same thing, but I didn't experience what you did because when I did watch parts of the draft last night I watched it on ESPN....

I do the same thing, but I didn't experience what you did because when I did watch parts of the draft last night I watched it on ESPN....

Yeah, I figured I would be one of the very few on this forum who actually watched the draft on NFL Network. I guess the only other person so far that did experienced the same issue I did so it is either a dish or nfl network problem. I actually ended up watching about half of it on ESPN because it was so annoying.

I just got Dish a few months ago so this is the first time I have tried to watch NFL Network this year. If this is always a problem with that channel I hope they have it fixed by the time preseason and regular season football starts this year.

Agreed. But the problem really is only noticeable with "in studio" shows (NFL Gameday, Draft coverage, etc) where you can actually see their lips move. It is a very small delay, but it is there. I don't think you would be able to notice this during a game where you aren't watching the announcers speak.

A lot of NFL Network studio shows are like that. My Lip Sync feature on my TV didn't help, it made it worse. My Lip Sync goes from 0-5. I wish it also went in the other direction for some stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)