Dragon Age: Origins

dmendenjr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 24, 2008
The keystone state
Got the PC version last Wednesday; took me about 20 restarts until I got the right Origin/Class/Race combo that felt right... but finally I am starting to get into it. Guess my first impression of it is wow. (the impressed wow not the mmorpg wow) The dialog options are fun (A chanter says, "What?") and the "party camp" reminds me of the old private action sequences from the Star Ocean series. When I got to the first "real" town and there are so many different things going on; quest markers all over the place - and this is just the game world's equivalent of one of those interstate exit towns. I'm not keen on the "follow the map blaze" method of going from point A to point B; but if they pack each of towns as full as the one I just visited... then it might be good to have fewer out of town distractions.

Anyone else getting absorbed into this RPG? What platform are you using? Character type? Hopefully I'm not the only RPG-er around here.

I love RPG games, so I've already given my wife not so subtle hints to make the PS3 version my Christmas present. :D

Curious to see what the differences between the PC, 360, & PS3 version are though.

I love RPG games, so I've already given my wife not so subtle hints to make the PS3 version my Christmas present. :D

Curious to see what the differences between the PC, 360, & PS3 version are though.
Read some reviews. The consensus seems to be that the 360 is the weakest in terms of graphics and such, and that overall the PC version is the most complete experience. I can't speak to specifics, but I'd recommend going over to IGN and Gamespot to get some more info.

Read some reviews. The consensus seems to be that the 360 is the weakest in terms of graphics and such, and that overall the PC version is the most complete experience. I can't speak to specifics, but I'd recommend going over to IGN and Gamespot to get some more info.
I'll glance them over.

Since I don't have a 360, the choice will be between PC and PS3. I'll probably get the PS3 version anyway, since I can play it on the couch instead of at the desk.

With Oblivion, the PC was the most complete experience to, but there was something to be said about playing on the couch using the 57" HDTV. :D

I'll glance them over.

Since I don't have a 360, the choice will be between PC and PS3. I'll probably get the PS3 version anyway, since I can play it on the couch instead of at the desk.

With Oblivion, the PC was the most complete experience to, but there was something to be said about playing on the couch using the 57" HDTV. :D
You could hook up the PC to the television (if that's an option.) I did that on my 50" Panny. Makes L4D2 and TF2 a more immerse experience. Also makes it more fun to watch stuff from youtube and other internet video stuff (South Park, Hulu, etc.)

You could hook up the PC to the television (if that's an option.) I did that on my 50" Panny. Makes L4D2 and TF2 a more immerse experience. Also makes it more fun to watch stuff from youtube and other internet video stuff (South Park, Hulu, etc.)
I've done that, but you still need the mouse & keyboard, which means you're sitting upright at the coffee table, as opposed to my preferred method of lounging back in the recliner. :D

I've done that, but you still need the mouse & keyboard, which means you're sitting upright at the coffee table, as opposed to my preferred method of lounging back in the recliner. :D
I went wireless, with the keyboard on my lap and the mouse on the couch seat next to me. Granted the receiver for the keyboard is way out and sitting on a table for easy tripping, but for me it gets the job done alright.

Got the PC version last Wednesday; took me about 20 restarts until I got the right Origin/Class/Race combo that felt right... but finally I am starting to get into it. Guess my first impression of it is wow. (the impressed wow not the mmorpg wow) The dialog options are fun (A chanter says, "What?") and the "party camp" reminds me of the old private action sequences from the Star Ocean series. When I got to the first "real" town and there are so many different things going on; quest markers all over the place - and this is just the game world's equivalent of one of those interstate exit towns. I'm not keen on the "follow the map blaze" method of going from point A to point B; but if they pack each of towns as full as the one I just visited... then it might be good to have fewer out of town distractions.

Anyone else getting absorbed into this RPG? What platform are you using? Character type? Hopefully I'm not the only RPG-er around here.

I been playing constantly. I want to start over to make some changes but I am too far from that. I can tell you this much, spell casters kick major ass.

I've gotten a rogue about as far as my mage, but I miss the firepower of the mage.... and I can use Leliana on chest opening detail ;)

Leliana is rogue but she weak as hell. I made I warrior but as soon as I unlock a special set I will change to a paladin. I would have been there but I screwed up; and instead of going to redcliff from Camp, I went to Davalish camp. I waisted hrs! trying to get to white fang only to find out I really need the 2nd mage, that you will pick up in redcliff.

Leliana is rogue but she weak as hell. I made I warrior but as soon as I unlock a special set I will change to a paladin. I would have been there but I screwed up; and instead of going to redcliff from Camp, I went to Davalish camp. I waisted hrs! trying to get to white fang only to find out I really need the 2nd mage, that you will pick up in redcliff.

I think this pretty much sums up why I don't play RPGs! ;)

Got to Redcliffe last night with my rogue... and got spanked 6 ways from sunday. Pretty much what encouraged me to go as a Mage, instead. Now, if I can keep my NPC's away from the flaming grease traps, we'll really be in business!

Got to Redcliffe last night with my rogue... and got spanked 6 ways from sunday. Pretty much what encouraged me to go as a Mage, instead. Now, if I can keep my NPC's away from the flaming grease traps, we'll really be in business!

Morrigan is the monster on the game. I keep improving here wintergrip spell.

I think this pretty much sums up why I don't play RPGs! ;)

I second that. I was into fallout 3 for a bit and then I got tired looking a online walkthrough to get me further into the game. I couldn't get into a certain locker or area until I have a certain something, that I didn't know I will need. Pain in the ass and I was always questioning myself even with help. Fallout 3 and Mass Effect are two games I wasted money on and final fantasy once.

I like a game that has one direction that I will figure out. But, I am happy you guys enjoy RPG.

I want to get this, I have played Baulders Gate I & II, Icewindale, Neverwinter Nights I&II. I'm not sure if I will get it for PC or my PS3 though. I know its better on PC but I like to play sitting on my couch on my HD TV rather than my laptop.

I want to get this, I have played Baulders Gate I & II, Icewindale, Neverwinter Nights I&II. I'm not sure if I will get it for PC or my PS3 though. I know its better on PC but I like to play sitting on my couch on my HD TV rather than my laptop.

It's worth it, since it's not the 60 dollar game that you beat it in 6hrs.

I just got this today for PS3, It's really good so far, I just did the part where you go out into the "wilds" and have to bring back the blood and treaties. I'm Human Noble lol, so far I am liking it more that I did Oblivion. I have BG I and II, Icewindale and Neverwinter Nights I & II so I knew this game would be EPIC! Oh and on a side note I got it for $45 from bestbuy so yea...it's more than worth the cost to me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts