Please reply by conversation.

ZandarKoad

Amish Satellite Technician
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 13, 2005
Nashville, TN
If you could put together a cool FTA system in middle America for a large appartment complex, what orbital locations would it include? In particular, this appartment complex has lots of spanish speakers, so I'm thinking of focusing on something specifc for that demographic. Hopefully something with four or fewer reflectors...

Reactions: wallyhts
Hundreds of Spanish language channels are available on C-band. A real important question is what countries are represented in the complexes? Many from Central or South Americn countries would have no interest in Mexican programming and visa versa. There are some deep cultural devides between the cultures and especially in the types of television entertainment.

Also Univision, Telemundo, Exitos, LATV on C-band, which might be of interest if this is a part of the country that doesn't get those networks.

If you could put together a cool FTA system in middle America for a large appartment complex, what orbital locations would it include? In particular, this appartment complex has lots of spanish speakers, so I'm thinking of focusing on something specifc for that demographic. Hopefully something with four or fewer reflectors...

If we were specifically talking about tenants from Mexico, I think 113W C-band would be the best choice for a single satellite -- better programming choice and interest than the typical Univision/Telemundo fare. Plus, I can tell you that many Mexican nationals no longer care for the news coverage on national networks such as Televisa and Azteca due to non-transparent coverage of the drug war there. The local independents on 113W would be a welcome addition -- but only if we are speaking of viewers from Mexico (as Titanium eloquently stated) :)

Definately want a couple 10' C-band dishes with multi-feeds, and two or three 1.2m Ku.
Lots of programming on 97W(C and Ku), 99 (C & Ku), 103, 105 (NASA), 113 and 116 C/Ku.
Lots of switches and distribution amps...
Depends if each suit has it's own receiver or if you are setting up a cable headend for the complex. The #2 post author is likely the source of best advise!
Interesting project no less!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)