Ku Sat Recommendations

Status
Please reply by conversation.

StarScan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 1, 2013
North Liberty, Indiana
I just put up a Fortec Star dish to replace my .75M Channel Master on 95. I have another dish on 97. What would be a good bird for the .75M Channel Master?

I tried 30w last year, the dish was on a pole and it was a no go. I'm working on getting a 36" Fortec Star then I'll give it a try on the roof (30'). I will be able to get 125w with no problems. I try it tomorrow. Thanks!

I agree with the 125W if you can't get 30W.

StarScan....I noticed your from North Liberty, Indiana. How close is that too Liberty, Indiana. My wife was raised there and didn't know they were big enough to have a north or south in the town. Liberty is south of Richmond....

Anyway, I would take the Fortec and point at the PBS on 87. Keep the 95 on the 75.

Then once you do that add a few more lnbs on the Fortec.

I currently have 95 on my 90cm as the center satellite, 87 on one side, and 99 and 103 on the other....

On my 75cm, I have 97 as the center and 91 on one side and 101 on the other.....

Being new...I am assuming the Fortec is a 90cm....

You know what happens when you assume?

Are any of your dishes motorized? A motor for a Ku dish is quite inexpensive, and you can use it to find channels on satellites that interest you. Once you find the ones you want, you can switch to a stationary dish with switches for faster channel changes etc. Lots of options!

A motor is a bit tricky to figure out if you haven't done it before, but you'll get it working.

I agree with either 125 or 87. 125 has a lot of pbs channels and they are more reliable than pbs on 87 but 87 has news feeds also. They can be entertaining when the reporters screw up.:facepalm

91 is good for feeds (including the permanent ABC feed channels, good for political coverage, LA police chases, and natural disasters), and also longer events such as college sports.

one of these days, I'll try 125. I just have to raise the dish about 10 inches......91 is good for ncaa foortball and basketball too....good feeds

I agree with either 125 or 87. 125 has a lot of pbs channels and they are more reliable than pbs on 87 but 87 has news feeds also. They can be entertaining when the reporters screw up.:facepalm

I'm surprised at the number of takes required for seasoned sportscasters. Then again, compared to news reporting, it must be hard to remain energetic and creative while spewing out stats!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)