Dropping/Adding Multisport package

WakeBdr

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 27, 2004
Cumming, GA
I'm sure Dish can answer this question, but I trust this forum more for answers to my questions.

I subscribe to the Multisport packages. Lately, I've found that I don't watch it too much because most of the MLB games are blacked out. I believe I am correct to say there is a $5 charge to drop the Multisport package. Will there be a charge to add it back when football season rolls around? I find I watch it more during football season because I can actually watch games outside of my region.

Also, if I drop the Multisport package, what is the minimum package I must have to keep MY regional Fox Sports Network?

There won't be any charge to add programming besides the price of the program you are adding. I believe that Dish charges $10 to downgrade programing and something like $15-$20 to cancel the adult channel package. Don't quote me on that though.

Unless it's changed, (your CSR will tell you :) ), the downgrade is still $5 per occurance except for adult channels. So if you also want to drop/downgrade something else at the same time, try to do them all at once.

And oh yeah, Dish is always happy to let you add programming at no additional charge. It gets turned on right away, and it starts billing right away.

The minimum package to keep your local RSNs is AT60Plus. If you look at AT60Plus, then think about how little it would cost to add WGN and a bunch of other channels with an upgrade to AT120, that package might make more sense to you.

But hey, have you noticed the (lower-case) extra innings on the sports pack? Once a game has exceeded its allotted time, Dish shows it in the clear. I saw the last inning and a half of a Tampa Bay game a couple of nights ago.

Wow, I didn't even realize there was only a $1 difference between AT60 Plus and AT120. Thanks for suggesting that. I'll probably drop the Multisport and upgrade to AT120. Think I can get them to waive the $5 fee since I will be upgrading as well? :)

WakeBdr said:
Wow, I didn't even realize there was only a $1 difference between AT60 Plus and AT120. Thanks for suggesting that. I'll probably drop the Multisport and upgrade to AT120. Think I can get them to waive the $5 fee since I will be upgrading as well? :)

No. There is a $6 dollar difference

AT60+ for 36.99 includes the locals
At120 is 37.99 and doesn't...they can be added for $5

its deceiving if you aren't careful

The other packages (At120, AT180) say you'll receive the RSN for your area

but AT60+ says "* Please note: If you subscribe to America's Top 60 Plus you will receive Local Channels determined by your geographical location. Click Here to see if Local Channels are available in your area."

Like I said in my original post for this thread: This is why I come to this board. I get more good information from here than any other source.

Speaking of good information, any recommendations for a good antenna to pick up locals?

Thanks again

WakeBdr said:
Speaking of good information, any recommendations for a good antenna to pick up locals?

sorry...can't help you there. Live too far away to get a decent signal..Have a tower system with a huge antenna on it when I bought the house. Can get CBS and PBS clear...rest are fuzzy (and only because of translator stations) :)

WakeBdr said:
Start at www.antennaweb.org to see what "color" of antenna you'll need to pick up what you want. Its Links page has some manufacturers, or you can take that recommendation to Radio Shack.

If you're pretty close to your broadcast stations (yellow or green according to AntennaWeb's chart), then as a cheap experiment, you might try an under-$10 indoor rabbit ears from Wal-Mart or Target or BigLots or somesuch. If they happen to do the job for you, that's great. If not, you're probably looking at a rooftop antenna project that'll probably cost $100 or more. Good luck!

That's a pretty cool site. It looks like most of my channels are light green or better. I actually live about 40 miles north of Atlanta, so I would think I would get pretty good reception. I have some rabbit ears that I use at football games, so I may try that tonight.

My light green stations come in just okay with rabbit ears, but super-solid with my slightly-larger-than-it-needed-to-be rooftop Radio Shack antenna. Good luck!

carload said:
My light green stations come in just okay with rabbit ears, but super-solid with my slightly-larger-than-it-needed-to-be rooftop Radio Shack antenna. Good luck!

what Rat Shack antenna do you have?

I think the one on the ol house is a VU210 (I can't tell since its about 75' up in the air on the tower system)....that thing cost the old owner more than $100 :):D

Well, I hooked my rabbit ears straight to the tv and was able to get some reception, but not great. I was going to hook it up to the antenna in on my 522, but the manual says the tv must be hooked to the tv3-4 to receive the antenna signal. I have it hooked to S-Video. Is there a way to feed the antenna into the receiver without hooking my tv to tv3-4? Or is there a way to feed the antenna into the whole system and distribute it to the whole house? I realize you don't know much about my setup, so you probably can't answer the last question.

The wife wants to go out to eat, so I can elaborate more on my setup when I return.

Thanks

Iceberg said:
what Rat Shack antenna do you have?

I think the one on the ol house is a VU210 (I can't tell since its about 75' up in the air on the tower system)....that thing cost the old owner more than $100 :):D
I installed a VU-120 XR. It's got a list price of $79.99, but at least there's free shipping. :)

I probably could have used the VU-80 XR ($20 cheaper), but I've learned that it's better to spend an extra $20 now to ensure that I won't need to upgrade later.

One of these days, I might try to turn it almost 180 degrees so it'll pick up our old friend KDEV dependably, then see if it's still able to get my main signals from the other direction. That might even solve my UPN affiliate's ghosting problem.

carload said:
I installed a VU-120 XR. It's got a list price of $79.99, but at least there's free shipping. :)

I probably could have used the VU-80 XR ($20 cheaper), but I've learned that it's better to spend an extra $20 now to ensure that I won't need to upgrade later.

One of these days, I might try to turn it almost 180 degrees so it'll pick up our old friend KDEV dependably, then see if it's still able to get my main signals from the other direction. That might even solve my UPN affiliate's ghosting problem.

Dnag...they've gone up since I last remembered...
Radio Shack use to carry about 8 models (combo)
VU75, 90, 110, 120, 160, 190 & 210 with pricing of
29.99, 39.99, 49.99, 59.99, 79.99, 99.99 & 129.99

I just saw the VU90 is 59.99! (too much)

They use to have the 190 for 1/2 price (49.99) in spring and fall but they didnt do that this year

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)