Dropping Dish because of no Fox

Status
Please reply by conversation.

enoree

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 29, 2005
Just got off the phone with ATT and ordered Direct for my Mom in Florida, she has had Dish for many years, but she likes Fox news and messaged Dish that if they did not get it back, that she was dropping them.
ATT said they were swamped with new orders from people dropping Dish, Charlie putting his politics ahead of customers will cost him a lot of subs, playing that kind of game is not good customer service.
I dropped Dish 2 years ago because my box went bad and they told me it would be about a week to come out, Direct came out the next day and hooked me up. Guess the CSR's in the offshore site just do not get it about not getting anyone there for a week to fix things.

Just got off the phone with ATT and ordered Direct for my Mom in Florida, she has had Dish for many years, but she likes Fox news and messaged Dish that if they did not get it back, that she was dropping them.
ATT said they were swamped with new orders from people dropping Dish, Charlie putting his politics ahead of customers will cost him a lot of subs, playing that kind of game is not good customer service.
I dropped Dish 2 years ago because my box went bad and they told me it would be about a week to come out, Direct came out the next day and hooked me up. Guess the CSR's in the offshore site just do not get it about not getting anyone there for a week to fix things.

You most certainly have the right.....

But to outright lie about the dispute is very disingenuous.....

There is zero proof of Charlie inserting ANY POLOTICS in it!... Sound like just a lot more opinion....

I don't think it has anything to do with Charlie's politics, it's all about the money. Dish is a business and their primary function is to make money for their shareholders. Keeping costs down is one way to do that. I doubt that Charlie, or anyone at Dish, considers their political beliefs above their desire to maximize profits. These are smart people, I'll be they have it documented the estimated amount of cancellations they'll receive from going toe-to-toe with Fox and they weighed that against the money they can save by this type of negotiation tactic. They've determined the loss of subs < the money they'll save in the long run.

This is all business, pure and simple.

did you tell her you are spending her money. I think she's gonna be pissed at you, and you are a bad son. Maybe you could take her Cadillac and give her a Pinto too.

People want to see politics in things that aren't there...

Well I hate to say it.....There is no coincidence that anyone worried about the loss of Fox, has to be some conspiracy theory to it...Its why they watch that channel in the first place...

Reactions: simplexswrhs90
Yet you said it anyway. This is the reason these threads get locked.

Again...read my lips amigo......coincidence?.... Haters gotta hate and find conspiracy in everything that doesn't go there way....Fair and Balanced...

how long will this go on? my parents, especially my dad, are losing their patience.

FNC is not on Dish right now because Fox wants more money for FS1, FXX... which as you'll notice are still actually on... which means they aren't even in the contract being negotiated. That isn't politics, it is business... and poor business at that. To leave Dish because of what Fox is doing is a bit silly. Sadly for FNC viewers, there appears no end in sight... other than the renegotiation of the FS1 and FXX contract (or FSC, Fuel, Speed networks as they were when the contract was signed).
People want to see politics in things that aren't there...
Your post is overly political! ;)

Charlie is quite a big donor to the Democrat Party, but his main politics is making lots of money. No need to make it a political reason as Dish has had Fox News on for many years, along with The Blaze and NewsMax. Why not choose Uverse instead of DirecTV? Uverse fiber has much more bandwidth than satellite and many more HD channels.

You think you had a bad day today? Look at this:

http://www.9thing.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/lucky-people-bike-cross.gif

Sorry folks.... this thread became about nothing but politics. To continue this conversation, take it to The Pit. There is another thread about Dish v Fox News open in the Dish forum that is, so far, free of political intrigue. Keep it that way and it stays open in the Dish forum
http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/threads/fox-news-ratings-plunge-after-dish-network-blackout.345549/

We really don't like closing threads but for some reason, when discussing this channel, inserting politics is irresistible.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts