DSCHD Space Station and Beyond

JimK2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 2, 2006
If you have not seen this before the view of the earth from the space station in hd is awesome.

3am ET June 9
8am ET June 10

Also Space Shuttle Atlantis STS-117 Launch Fri, Jun 8 starts 6:00 PM ET. Liftoff at 7:38 p.m. EDT

Fri, Jun 8 - 6:00 PM ET
3:00 PM PT NASA on HDNet - LIVE!
Space Shuttle Atlantis STS-117 Launch - The seven astronauts aboard Atlantis will deliver a second starboard truss segment and a third set of solar arrays and batteries during the Space Shuttle Program's 21st mission to the International Space Station. HDNet will present the live launch of STS-117, as well as the other significant events of launch day as part of its exclusive partnership with NASA.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, a lot of the "footage" in this program is animated (very well done, but animated nonetheless).

Also, it uses the favorite technique of HD channels - using lots and lots of footage of an HD camera filming someone talking, to disguise the fact that they really don't have 45 minutes of actual HD footage of anything in 2007...

The NBC Nightly News in HD and ESPN Sportscenter in HD both use that technique - an anchor guy in a studio with one HD camera introducing a lot of SD 4x3 footage. National Geographic also has a lot of documentaries with an HD talking head introducing old footage that is zoomed to fix 16x9, so it is not even 480i. People are scrambling to try and fill "HD channels" with programming. I think it will probably be several years before we get a lot of programs that are 45 minutes of 16x9 HD.

Unfortunately, a lot of the "footage" in this program is animated (very well done, but animated nonetheless).

Also, it uses the favorite technique of HD channels - using lots and lots of footage of an HD camera filming someone talking, to disguise the fact that they really don't have 45 minutes of actual HD footage of anything in 2007...

The NBC Nightly News in HD and ESPN Sportscenter in HD both use that technique - an anchor guy in a studio with one HD camera introducing a lot of SD 4x3 footage. National Geographic also has a lot of documentaries with an HD talking head introducing old footage that is zoomed to fix 16x9, so it is not even 480i. People are scrambling to try and fill "HD channels" with programming. I think it will probably be several years before we get a lot of programs that are 45 minutes of 16x9 HD.

Way to litttle HD eye candy of the earth but what was there was pretty nice (like the Fuji mountain sequence).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts