DSL Service and DISH

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

magoo30

Original poster
Aug 12, 2007
midwest
Am new to DISH,am wondering if my DSL service thru my telephone provider/Verizon will work with the new DISH system I am having installed tomorrow ?

Welcome to Satelliteguys

I'm not sure what you mean "work with". If you are asking, can Dish Network's boxes use the DSL phone line to phone home: yes. I have a DSL-only phone line and my 622 has no troubles phoning home via land line.

If you are asking can you network the 622 so that it can phone home via the internet connection: theoretically yes you can. I haven't tried it myself but it's supposed to work. :)

Did you mean something else? Let us know!

See ya
Tony

Thanks alot,you answered my question on the first sentence of your reply. I was asking if the DISH network could phone home thru my DSL phone service.

Thanks alot,you answered my question on the first sentence of your reply. I was asking if the DISH network could phone home thru my DSL phone service.

To clarify a bit. Many DSL phone services work with Dish receivers, but not all. Sometimes you also need to enable a prefix to your calls to enable modem support.

For ViP622/722 they are just rolling out software enabling Ethernet support which will give you several new options, Supposively it can also be used instead of hooking up your phone line.

You are saying DSL Phone Service.

Do you mean Land line that handles your DSL Service if that's what you're referring to then yes it will work as long as you have a DSL Filter between the 622 and the wall.

Do you mean Phone Through your DSL (VOIP) some VOIP providers work and some don't

Do you mean using your DSL Internet to "Phone home" through the Ethernet port It Should work as the 622 will just be another "Network Connection" on your Network.

Hope this Helps,
cegarrett

I am also new to Dish Network and have DSL service. I am wondering the same question.

I have a 722 and a 222 connected straight to the phone line.

Should I be using a DSL filter like I have to for each regular telephone on each of the receivers?

Thank you for the information. :up

Cheap DSL filters have been ordered.

How often do the boxes dial in? Is it based on number of PPV events ordered or is it a set schedule?

Filters is it. Some DSL's run a seperate line from your phone network connector and the filter is in that box, making the line running to all phones filtered in one spot. This is the old way, and the way usually used IF the phone company is your DLS company and does the install. In most other places, there is no seperate line and every place you put a phone, you need a filter. None where the DSL modem is plugged in.

I'm lucky, my phone company's main switch is about 1/2 mile away and they offer DSL. I've had it for several years with no problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)