DSR-410 Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Natedawg63

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 19, 2009
Alabama
I have been chatting with my neighbor who is helping me with my BUD install. I told him about the 410 programming through Sky. I have been looking at the receiver and noticed it only has composite RCA video output. It also has a place to input "antenna" which I assume is a aerial UHF/VHF antenna for OTA reception. I know these were used alongside analog cable service to receive digital channels through C-band. Jus wondering if the composite outs give good PQ results or if anyone has used a composite to component video processor to upscale/tweak the pic and what kinda results were achieved.

Also wondered if you can receive any video from the sat through the channel 3/4 75 ohm TV out port, or is that strictly UHF/VHF transmission.

Nate

It also has a place to input "antenna" which I assume is a aerial UHF/VHF antenna for OTA reception.
That is only a Pass Through, there is no tuner in the unit. Could also be used to connect something like a VCR. Remember, these units were designed before the other Connections type were invented / popular.

You should get Good Pic quality via Composite Cables. If you are going to an HD TV, Pic Quality will depend on you TV.

The 410's composite out looks as good as composite gets. I have one here right now that Im going to be installing in the next couple weeks for a friend. The 922 that I use has the same composite out quality. Only the S video quality on the 4DTV gets better but not by much.

The antenna input will pass the full OTA bands when the receiver is off via coax and will send a modulated channel 3 or 4 satellite channel viewed signal when the unit is on.

Disregard the cable tv input its disabled with SRL's maps.

You can follow the progress of the 410 install Im doing here:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/c-band-satellite-discussion/169000-w5-fixed-system.html

Last edited:
That is only a Pass Through, there is no tuner in the unit. Could also be used to connect something like a VCR. Remember, these units were designed before the other Connections type were invented / popular.

You should get Good Pic quality via Composite Cables. If you are going to an HD TV, Pic Quality will depend on you TV.

The 410 has a cable tuner in it although its disabled with SRL's maps. The 410 was designed as a compliment for digital cable channels for plants that did not have this built. So it received basic cable via coax and digital via satellite. HITS2HOME used a ku dish for the digital channels and mixed all the signals in the 410 for the end user however they decided to map them.

Also wondered if you can receive any video from the sat through the channel 3/4 75 ohm TV out port, or is that strictly UHF/VHF transmission.
Nate

The modulated 3/4 output works OK also. I've used it a few times with a small test TV outside. The composite RCA video output looks fine even on a HD TV.

Thanks for the replys... I will pass that along.

I have the DSR-922 that I am gonna use - I guess I have gotten spoiled with my current cable box using component video out to my RPTV. I spent alot of time tweaking that input with user controls within the TV. I have been thinking about getting something like a DVDO processor unit that has multiple inputs so I can keep using my component input. I will use the S-video on the 922 and tweak that input - jus takes alot of time tinkering with the service menu.

The current 410 fixed satellite is on c-band - am I correct? Jus trying to get a few new customers for c-band subs. Owning a small local newspaper - I think I will do a little feature about the 410 fixed subscription - maybe some of the many owners around that have BUDs will get the bug to hook it back up and give them a new life.

Nate

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)