DSR905 Alt power suply

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rocket69

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 2, 2008
On Your Roof!
Ok found an old 905 in the shop with note attached bad power board swap ok...

Any of you vets could suggest an alt power supply from another receiver that would get the board running.. Have many models but only the one 905.

If the 905 still has the power supply you would be better of just repairing it.

rocket69 this is a pic of the power supply in one of my 410 dsr's. Does this look the same as the one in your 905?

Attachments

• power supply 001.jpg
    power supply 001.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 150
  • power supply 002.jpg
    power supply 002.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 141
rocket69 this is a pic of the power supply in one of my 410 dsr's. Does this look the same as the one in your 905?

Thanks for the reply wolf

Im not to sure what it looked like as the tech at the time must of swaped it cheked that the main board was working then tossed the original power suply.

In the pics looks very similar to the locations on the 905 for the power conectro but cant see if the conections on that 410 is V or H for the poer board. on the 905 i the conectro pins are H.

Gess il just have to digg around the many recever we have and find an alt , Will post i can find an alt one

Sure hope that tech doesn't work for you anymore, it would appear that he may have been just a board swapper and not a board level repair tech. Just be careful when hooking up another power supply from another unit because the connector pins may not have the same voltage output or configured the same as the original unit....not checking is a good way to blow up a motherboard.

I removed the power supply for my 410 and took these up close pis of the conectors on the main board and the power supply. I hope this pics help you out.

Attachments

• power supply ALT 002.jpg
    power supply ALT 002.jpg
    286.1 KB · Views: 136
  • power supply ALT 003.jpg
    power supply ALT 003.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 129
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)