DSR-410 question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
It can power the LNBF but I believe the universal part is Ku band . The C-band side should still be 5150mhz and would work fine.

The C-band side should still be 5150mhz and would work fine.

Yup had one running for a few months.

To be honest I would not spend your $$$ on one. Mine has been retired and sits in the junk bin.

Because there is no DC2 on KU its a moot point if the receiver can control it

The C-Band side will work fine but I'd personally get a stock C-Band LNBF instead of those combo units

Iceberg: What stock C-Band LNBF would you recommend?

I have an 8.5 " dish and a 410DS with one RG-6 cable from the "LNB" side of the DMX741U going to "SAT In" on the 410 (Have also tried the "Recvr" side as well). Have tried 6 o'clock position and have rotated it both 90 degrees counter and clockwise and getting no signal at all on the Options 6,3,1 menu. I know the 410 is good becuase I hooked it up on my 10' setup which has a 922 with an Azbox slaved and get 100% signal and took hits from SRL. I disconnected the 922 and put the 410 on the existing cabling. Both dishes are in a straight line with each other and the Azimuth skew -2.5 degrees left and declination is just about the same as on the 10' dish. Have also tried another new RG-6 cable too and another DMX741U! Not sure what else to do, any suggestions anyone?

I've used GeosatPro C2 units for a while. I know there are other models like it. They are dual output so you can run 2 receivers off of it with no issues (or more if you add a 3x4 multiswitch)

Hi All

Thanks for everyone's input, we appreciate it.

Based on your input, we have decided and have ordered a GEOSAT Pro C-2 from SATELLITE AV. We also wanted to support some of this website's sponsors.

We also had this input from James Bernhardt from Skyvision when this question was posed to them as well:

"I am not sure if this LNBF would be compatible with the 410 since it is C &
Ku both. From the description it is fed with one cable"

Our intent is to keep this one dish ( 8.5" ) trained on 105 West for our sub to H2H which we will continue to support. This is important to us and feel important to the Satellite community. We will use our other 10" dish to scan alot of other things. We only started this only a year and a half ago, and have supported with the great help from all of you and you have no idea how much we appreciate it. ;);)
If this works, it may give us some other options

We will keep you all posted

Thank you very much!

When we asked the question to SKYVISION, we were asking whether the DMX741 works with the 410, our mistake for not being clear our out original post above

the 741 will work fine on the 410. While it is a combo LNB (C & KU) the 741 has an internal 22k switch to flip between C-Band and KU Band. Since C-Band doesnt inject the tone it will work prefect.
The 741u is slightly different. That has a Diseqc switch. I havent heard of the 410 having issues with that switch since its usually forced to port 1. But the 741 will work fine on the 410. You can even remove the "jumper" wire from the top of the LNB to the box on the side of the LNB (that is for KU)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)