DSR-410 to Receive Digicipher In the Clear Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Wholeshoe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 28, 2004
All

Has anyone ever played with a DSR-410 Receivers to see if you can pic up any in the clear digicipher feeds? I have one and would like to play with it more than anything. I have messed with it some but when I do a manual tune I only can get a signal strength meter but no video.

Wholeshoe

I'm assuming you are talking about a StarChoice receiver?

Get unit to a satellite with DCII FTA programming.
Unplug unit
replug in
leave off and let sit for 30 minutes and supposedly it will map to the channels on that satellite

I know some units can "map" to it but don't quote me on the above. I have never done this but have heard its been done with older units.

Actually mine was intended for HITS2Home. It is a Cable Company service that uses a mini dish at the house to provide additonal programming on top of what the cable system provides. The DSR-410 integrates the two into a seemless interface to the user.

Wholeshoe

BTW NMU (Norther Michigan University) Hockey is way better.

GO WILDCATS!

cool idea.
Like I say, you can try it to see if it works.

(btw: if N Michigan is so good...how come they ranked 15th?)

Meow I guess, hey when your Alumni you gotta take the good seasons with the bad.

I will try out the DSR-410 tonight when I get home. It sounds like it might be reasonable but I think I will only get 1 polarite's worth at a time unless it can switch between 13 and 18V.

GO DOGS

Wholeshoe

What about using an old Primestar Rx to see the clear cigicipher feeds?

I have heard it is possible to manually tune those receivers and have seen them on ebay for 5 bucks or less.

Wholshoe

PSB said:
I wondered what HITS2Home was when I seen it on Lyngsat.com Thanks for the info!
" HITS2Home is the delivery and support of digital programming using a cable/satellite overlay service. HITS2Home allows small cable systems to launch digital video without lengthy and expensive plant re-builds, adding digital headend equipment, or using valuable plant bandwidth."

Hits can only be purchased by cable companys, I already explored that road.
http://www.hits.com/

I tried the DSR-410 laat night with no sucess. However I think that something did happen but cause it tuned whit noise and static on some channels and that was a change from before.

I now with you on the Primestar thinking. I believe Primestar was Digicipher I and most everything is Digicipher II now. I saw a guy on ebay trying to sell one and he had instructions on there on how to manually tune it and you could then listen to the in the clear audio on the HITS transponders.

Also just FYI the HITS on G4R is used by a lot of cable companies too for their digital tiers. the HITS2Home is 1 of 4 HITS delievery methods avaiable to cable operators. Most operators would receive the HITS programming at the headend and send it out over the cable plant.

Wholeshoe

Wholeshoe said:
What about using an old Primestar Rx to see the clear cigicipher feeds?

I have heard it is possible to manually tune those receivers and have seen them on ebay for 5 bucks or less.

Wholshoe

Primstar used Digicipher1. Everything now is Digicipher2 and is completely incompatible with any Digicipher1 receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts