DSR-4200C Battery replacement question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

joshrr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 19, 2010
Michigan's Upper Peninsula
So I finally found another DSR-4200C with a good unit ID but old battery. Im going to replace it. Do you replace it while the unit is plugged in (seems dangerous) or is it best to have it off but solder the new battery into position while the old battery is still hooked up (is this safe for the unit too??) I do see the 2 solder holes on either side of the old battery where you would solder in the new battery. Just dont know if you do this plugged into the wall outlet or unplugged.

Bummed its not a DSR-4200V like my old unit but this'll do to get Music Choice as its the lower SR of 19510 on AMC18. I know these units only get/tune one TP at a time (you have to re-program to get another TP) thats ok. There is on TP with most of the channels anyways.

Thanks for any info =)

Indeed a very exciting forum 2.gif

Well. I got the battery replaced successfully. All went well. Not hard at all. I left it unplugged. Soldered in the new battery and desoldered the old one. Now i have to find my old remote from my old dsr 4200.

Well. I got the battery replaced successfully. All went well. Not hard at all. I left it unplugged. Soldered in the new battery and desoldered the old one. Now i have to find my old remote from my old dsr 4200.
Any pics? I should do this to my 4200V. If you can't find your remote, let me know since I have an extra one.

eurosport said:
Any pics? I should do this to my 4200V. If you can't find your remote, let me know since I have an extra one.

Sure. Here is a pic with the new battery. There are two solder holes on both sides of the old battery. These, after electrical testing, appeared to be for a new battery. I took my new battery and soldered lead wires on to both ends. I then coated both sides of the battery with hot glue to make sure the wires stayed put. So, with the old battery in place, i took my soldering gun and inserted the positive lead wire into the wire hole with the plus next to it. Took the other wire on soldered it into the other side. Now it was time to remove the old battery to prevent leakage and other issues of leaving it there. I just held my iron on both sides and continually pulled up on the battery. One side came out easy. The other side was secured in two places so it took a little more time. Once the old battery was gone I secured the new battery to the system board with a big blob of hot glue :). Done!

Attachments

• image-185200225.jpg
    image-185200225.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 152
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts