DSR 905 Hookup Help!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chefwan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 13, 2007
South Carolina
i've looked. and i cant find anything on how to hook up the DSR-905 Sidecar to the analog receiver? i do know that 905 only slaves to the analog. and the analog moves the dish. but what about polarity? do i hook the polarity straight to my sidecar? anyone have the instructions on how to hook it up thanks

i've looked. and i cant find anything on how to hook up the DSR-905 Sidecar to the analog receiver? i do know that 905 only slaves to the analog. and the analog moves the dish. but what about polarity? do i hook the polarity straight to my sidecar? anyone have the instructions on how to hook it up thanks

My 905 sidecar is currently hooked up to my Analog Toshiba TRX-2220 , the Analog receiver is slaved to My coolsat Ku only .... so what I do is change channels on the FTA STB to a Vertical or Horizontal polarity .

I've never given it thought about doing this application with a C-band dish , I'd have to take a look at the back of the 905 to see if it's even possible to change the polarities.

I'm interested in the answer as well.

Just took a look at the manual (Thanks Iceberg) in the manual section, and in the controls section here the important info .

11. Polarizer Control (SKEW IN, +5VP IN, GND, CH/KV IN).
Using the length of wire supplied, connect these terminals to the skew control
terminals on your analog IRD. Connection is identical to above and relays the
signal through the Digital Sidecar to your receiver.
12. Polarizer Control (SKEW OUT, +5VP OUT, CH/KV OUT, +5V,
GND). Your Digital Sidecar requires the ability to control the skew of the system
while changing digital channels. When the unit is in the standby or analog
position, control of skew will be passed on to your analog IRD. If your system
uses a servo-motor to change skew you will remove the three wires currently
going to your analog receiver to these terminals and connect to the Digital Sidecar.
If your system uses an LNBF, you will not connect anything to these terminals.
These terminals connect your Digital Sidecar to the polarizer or, in some cases, to
a coaxial relay switch. Connection is determined by the requirements of the feedhorn
and other dish components. These are the leads that are coming in from the
satellite dish and are currently connected to your analog IRD.

so am i suppose to have some wires that make this thing work? i've tried everything last night i dont have any quality at all its at 1 i know the dish is tuned.

My sidecars are setup like this.

C and ku band cables come in from dish int C/H and K/V ports. Short jumpers from there going into my analog box.

Polorotor wires go into the sidecar first red +5, White Pulse out, Black ground.
Short 3 conductor jumper going from sidecar polorotor terminals to analog box polorotor connections.

My sidecar setup is "c and ku lnbs" under the setup menu.
From there if you dish is aligned properly and your skew controls are set you should be good to go.

Be sure to use the right arrow button on the sidecar's remote and check the skew angle.
Mine has to be -50 and +30 Or vise versa can't remember.

chef
I had the LNB's set up as "LNBF" and "reversed 90 degrees". You'll have to change it to your settings

options 6-4-3 (I think)

ok how do u go about turning the dish ? how do u program satellites? and get the dish to move to the satellite wanted?

correct.

Unless the dish is fixed, the 905 is pretty much "slaved" to the analog. The analog does to moving but the 905 can change polarity and skew

The 905 has no motor controls. You have to use you analog box to find the satellite position.
It is virtually a slave to the analog unit.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts