DSR410 and other channel maps?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Other than W5 and (as I proved today) Starchoice 107.3 is there any way to download other maps into it?

I kinda wanted to see if I could get K5 on it for Oklahoma PBS.

I was able to get it to take the Starchoice maps on 107.3 and all I get is the preview channel and BC Legislature but it worked :)

This is a DSR410 that cant be authorized

well that wont work......410 only has 19510 & 29270 as symbol rate options and OETA is 4880

but I wonder if it can lock on other stuff??

I've had my DSR-410 on W5 channel 204 for the better part of a month and a half continuously (hogging up my 7.5 foot dish) and....nothing. Satellite icon is green, Dolby Digital light is on, and signal is about 82. Any secrets to getting it to map SOMETHING? :confused: I was hoping to listen to the DMX music channels.

I don't know if these have maps, but you might try them:

Galaxy 26
11875 H 19510 Russian Mux

SatMex 5

3840 V 29270
4060 H 19510
4180 H 19510

Other than W5 and (as I proved today) Starchoice 107.3 is there any way to download other maps into it?

I kinda wanted to see if I could get K5 on it for Oklahoma PBS.

I've been trying for some time now to get the miscellaneous fixed-key/zero-key DC-II channels like that, but no luck so far. I thought about changing the satellite setting to one that has a channel with the necessary frequency and SR, but it seems to be stuck on X4. There's so little info about this receiver on the Internet that I got discouraged and gave up :(

I know there are two ways to alter the channel maps, but I wasn't sure if I should ask about that here. I'm pretty sure I can make it work but I'm missing some critical info.

I was able to get it to take the Starchoice maps on 107.3 and all I get is the preview channel and BC Legislature but it worked :)

Hmm, I left mine on 107.3 for hours but it never got the channel maps. I found a channel where the satellite icon turned green (251 I think) but it never got the maps. I could see the packet counts increasing though. Maybe yours worked because you did a master reset? I've always been afraid to do that.

yeah I did a master reset a while back when I got the box and it had X4 stuff in it

What I did was selected channel 354 and then went options 6-7-7-8-1 to manually tune

put in settings as such
right polarity
22k off
19510 symbol rate
3/4 fec
frequency of 1300.000

then hit tune. light will turn green. back yourself out of the menus to the main screen and let it sit for 10 minutes. Then press 200 (which isnt there in the beginning) and you should have the Starchoice PPV preview screen

I think I'll try this. Starchoice is Ku band, correct? Oh, and also I think I remember, Iceberg, that your 410 had X4 in the satellite area of the menu? Mine's blank. Could this be an issue, too? :confused:

OK thanks, Ice! Going outside to temporarily repoint the 1.2m. :D ...I just want to see this thing do something! :)

Thanks for the info Iceberg! I've tried that procedure three times now and the light turns green when I select "scan", but channel 200 never shows up. Probably needs a master reset but I'm hesitant to do things that can't be undone. When I get some free time I'll look through the diagnostic screens for some clues as to what's wrong.

Did you try setting the symbol rate to "AUTO" for OETA? Not much chance of that working but might be worth a try.

I've had my DSR-410 on W5 channel 204 for the better part of a month and a half continuously (hogging up my 7.5 foot dish) and....nothing. Satellite icon is green, Dolby Digital light is on, and signal is about 82. Any secrets to getting it to map SOMETHING? :confused: I was hoping to listen to the DMX music channels.

Not the original topic BUT -

My DSR410 (Skyvision) wouldn't map until I subbed it. I left it hooked up for days, green lights galore but no map, subbed it and BLAMO!

haven't tried this, but in theory can't you manually tune a DMX freq?

If I knew the frequencies I'd sure try, but I think it needs a channel map of some kind to know where to tune. As for Skyvision I paid 17 bucks for my -410 and they want $130 for the exact same receiver!:eek: If they can't sub mine then that ain't gonna happen either!:rolleyes:

check Lyngsat...take the frequency they show and subtract it from 5150...thats the frequency to put in

example..most of the audio is on 3880 V 19510 so set it as such

Right polarity
22K off
19510 symbol rate
3/4 FEC
1270.000 for frequency

then hit tune...when green lite goes on back out and see what happens

Thanks, Tony, I'm at my in-laws' house right now but later when I get home I'll try it! I still gotta try the Starchoice 107.3 repoint thing too, but with work, watching all the hurricane feeds, and hauling home another Primestar, I've been too darn busy lately!:D

At one time I was creating channel maps for the DSR 410 and other receivers such as the DSR 405 using text files along with an application called 4Play. Being a programmer I was going to create my own application and download the channel maps into memory using a wiggler.

I then started tearing apart my basement to build a home theater and communications room. Now that this project is almost completed I will once again begin experimenting with the different DSR receivers and posting my results. The communications room will contain my many analog, DCII and digital receivers for me to perform the experiments.

At one time I was creating channel maps for the DSR 410 and other receivers such as the DSR 405 using text files along with an application called 4Play. Being a programmer I was going to create my own application and download the channel maps into memory using a wiggler....
....I will once again begin experimenting with the different DSR receivers and posting my results. The communications room will contain my many analog, DCII and digital receivers for me to perform the experiments.
Awesome! I'll be watching closely!:)

I think that the problem is that ONLY a previously subscribed box will receive the fixed key, or is it zero key stuff and if you do a master reset, you loose that. Also if I remember correctly, (I may be wrong as It was a long time ago) you can have programming that
A) All boxes can receive (subbed or not)
B) Programming that only a subbed box can receive
C) Programming that only a StarChoice previously subbed box can receive
D) Programming that only a US previously subbed box can receive
E) Programming that only a StarChoice previously subbed box with a subscription to that particular channel can receive
F) Programming that only a US previously subbed box with a subscription to that particular channel can receive

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)