DSR410 and other channel maps?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
correct Larry

as examples there are some channels that B works but not A...Example is American Life TV on W5. You need a sub to SOMETHING to get it. But Black Belt TV everyone gets

C is also true. There isnt much difference but I think Access, Knowledge and CKUA can be had with option C. On my 410 that hjas SC maps gets just the preview channel (200 and all the other remaps)

At one time I was creating channel maps for the DSR 410 and other receivers such as the DSR 405 using text files along with an application called 4Play. Being a programmer I was going to create my own application and download the channel maps into memory using a wiggler.

I then started tearing apart my basement to build a home theater and communications room. Now that this project is almost completed I will once again begin experimenting with the different DSR receivers and posting my results. The communications room will contain my many analog, DCII and digital receivers for me to perform the experiments.

At one time I had some software like BDM32 that would access the box with a BDM module. I lost that software and have not been able to find it since. It was on the internet as a free download, but has since disappeared. The wiggler that StarChoice uses, is just a cable that attaches to the serial port. (that was to a StarChoice 421B receiver) At one time StarChoice updated one of my boxes with a BETA software for me to try. They also had routines that loaded and would wipe the PPV. I got a free PPV from them for trying the beta software. I tried changing the channel maps but found the generics on DSR921 ended up having all the settings that I needed at the time for my use. If one is getting a BDM module, be sure to get the correct voltage unit that matches your box. They had 3.3V and 5V BDM modules.

Sounds like my kind of room :)

It is a 10'x4' room that will contain all my satellite equipment, electronics workbench and rack mounted equipment including TV's and monitors. It will be a hidden room accessed via a hidden door. No women, children or pets allowed. :) My dream man cave where I will be spending a great deal of my time. :)

I remember that there were some channels that I was trying to get with my subed StarChoice box that came up scrambled, but a previously US subed box would receive.

At one time I had some software like BDM32 that would access the box with a BDM module. I lost that software and have not been able to find it since. It was on the internet as a free download, but has since disappeared. The wiggler that StarChoice uses, is just a cable that attaches to the serial port. (that was to a StarChoice 421B receiver) At one time StarChoice updated one of my boxes with a BETA sotware for me to try. They had routines that loaded and would wipe the PPV. I tried changing the channel maps but found the generics on DSR921 ended up having all the settings that I needed at the time for my use. If one is getting a BDM module, be sure to get the correct voltage unit that matches your box. They had 3.3V and 5V BDM modules.

Just so everyone knows BDM stands for Basic Debug Mode programmer or wiggler which is a device used to program the flash inside the receiver.

I will keep the voltage difference in mind when programming the receivers.

I think that the problem is that ONLY a previously subscribed box will receive the fixed key, or is it zero key stuff and if you do a master reset, you loose that....
Mine had already been master reset when I first got it, so this may be it. When I go home later I'm gonna try entering the frequency manually as Iceberg suggested.

Entered DMX music frequency as per Iceberg's post, and the "Please Wait, We Are Processing Your Request" screen is gone- just a black screen now, but no sounds of any kind. We'll let it sit a while, and see if anything happens.:)

euro

try the actual channels they show...looks like either 460-479 or 835-850...first is the old "hits" numbers and 2nd is what the actual 4dtv's log it as

Nope, it won't let me select those.... the frequency went back to 1030.000 and I can select channels in the 200 range and like 900 or so but that's it. Back to "Please Wait....bla...bla" :D

yeah I did a master reset a while back when I got the box and it had X4 stuff in it

What I did was selected channel 354 and then went options 6-7-7-8-1 to manually tune

put in settings as such
right polarity
22k off
19510 symbol rate
3/4 fec
frequency of 1300.000

then hit tune. light will turn green. back yourself out of the menus to the main screen and let it sit for 10 minutes. Then press 200 (which isnt there in the beginning) and you should have the Starchoice PPV preview screen
Iceberg, I'm using the oem P* lnb on this dish to try this. Should I use the horz or vert side? Peaked dish on 107.3 using my Pansat 2500.

VOILA! It's alive! I got the PPV thing (still pictures w/no sound), Ice, what was that other channel you got on there?

393 BC Leglislature

here is a list...now this is for a previously subbed SC box...what you can get from that box is different
global-cm.net/CAN/techinfo.html

393 still has the "please wait a moment....." I guess each box acts just a little different. I wonder if this will make W5 work?:eureka

Sorry that I'm 2 weeks behind on everything...I just found this thread after trying to catch up here.

Now to my question on this topic. Did you guys notice if the trip counter records hits on the SC sats?

In my experience with the subbed 410s, it doesn't do much until a hit takes place. Once, I did the MR on Anik 107°, I noticed the provider changed to 4128 but that's as far as it went. I'll have to experiment some more now that I know what channels to look for.

On mine, it stayed on zero, but last night, the authorization status changed from "US" to "ZK" and the Starchoice PPV preview channel on 200 was coming in. Now tonight, the authorization status has changed BACK to "US" and the preview channel 200 is back to the "please wait, we are processing your request" screen. Still looking at Anik F1R. Trip counter still at zero. The satellite is listed as "A4" in the signal strength menu. Wierd. I'd just call Skyvision and sub it to something on W5, but from what I've read here, they won't do it unless you bought it from them, which makes absolutely no sense to me!:rolleyes:

UPDATE: The authorization status is now "ZK" again and the trip counter is still zero. PPV preview 200 now comes in again but nothing else. I wonder if anything different would happen if I put it back on C-band W5?:rolleyes:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)