DSR410 and other channel maps?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
For fun, I pointed my dish at 107.3° and connected the spare 410. I did a MR again and let it remap while I was out. I got the PPV promo the runs in English and switches to French with Cameron Diaz (with sound) and some home shopping channel. I never found the gov't channel.

My channels mapped in differently than Ice's. The promo channel was 276 for example. Most channels just said "this channel is unavailable", a screen I have never seen before. Subscription status was MP for most.

I researched the BDM cables and all were from the UK or Europe and crazy expensive. Probably not worth the effort.

For fun, I pointed my dish at 107.3° and connected the spare 410. I did a MR again and let it remap while I was out. I got the PPV promo the runs in English and switches to French with Cameron Diaz (with sound) and some home shopping channel. I never found the gov't channel.

My channels mapped in differently than Ice's. The promo channel was 276 for example.
Mine is like Iceberg's (I think we bought them from the same person on eBay) I'm doing another master reset 'cause on mine the PPV previews had no sound. We'll see what happens. What number was the shopping channel?

well I found a good use for my 410 :)

in this thread I was working with the 905 and the 410. The 905 gets some free channels that the 410 doesnt but there are a couple that the 410 does when hooked to a 107.3 Anik LNB

the preview channels (200, 327, etc)
the fireplace chanel (for x-mas) 329
the x-mas tree channel 330
BC Leg 393

and the reason I'm happy....2 radio stations.....now I'm not going to name them (obvious reasons) but I'll give ya a few clues
-they are based in the Province right above North Dakota
-one is a rock station and the other news
-if you've been here long enough you know the rock station I listen to all the time :D

Well, looks like it's time to dust off the ol' 410 and try it again! Ice, yours has been master reset, hasn't it? If the 410 won't do it, I'll take my DSR4200V off of GPB and try it too!:D

yep the 410 has had a master reset as recent as last night. Tried to get GPB and couldn't...so went to 354 and locked on to SC and downloaded the maps again

Tried to get GPB and couldn't...
Mine wouldn't get GPB either, but the 4200 does. Strange part was with GPB on the 410, the DC lock would go green...red...green...red the whole time on GPB, but the 4200 locks all 6 channels in that mux solidly!:) GPB is discontinuing it's DCII feeds by year's end anyway.:(

I found that if the provider ID is still showing as 4160, 4096, it may not remap right away. Once it shows 4128 it will. It may be necessary to change the LNBF polarity to the opposite in the manual tune menu in case you're not getting a green light.

"Please wait while we process your request":)

corrado...please explain what you're talking about.

are you talking about getting other channels on the 410 besides the ones I noted above?

corrado...please explain what you're talking about.

are you talking about getting other channels on the 410 besides the ones I noted above?

It helps the remap process on the 410 models if the provider ID is correct for what you want. For example, remapping a former HITS receiver to something completely different like Starchoice. This doesn't get you any more channels than we already can get, it helps you get them on a stubborn box that just sits there.

Another tip...don't select Business in the manual tune menu. The box will not map in my experience on a 410 with a MR done. Select Home instead. Changing it later doesn't seem to make any difference. I thought it might disable the front panel buttons or something but it doesn't on mine. Just guessing...

I wonder if that old progtam "4DTV 4play" would work. It allows you make your own channel maps with a text file. you have to have a BDM cable.

Well, my DSR-410 still wants me to see NOTHING from 107.3W!:mad: So, I tried my DSR-4200. It got a few channels on V polarity, freq. 1300.00, one of which had "Popular Science For Kids" at 9PM eastern- it had a "K:" logo in the lower left corner of the screen. Can anyone comfirm what channel this was? -But still no Access, or Christmas Tree, or Fireplace. Then I switched to H polarity, master reset again...(the 4200 will only hold 1 transponder's channel maps at a time) and manual tuned 1346.00, I think, and there was the Fireplace...on ch553 and the Christmas tree on 554. Haven't found Access yet- probably due to 1: Having to manually swap the cable each time to change polarity (oem P* lnb) and 2: The DSR-4200V only holds one virtual channel table/transponder at a time (about 20 channels or so):rolleyes:

and the reason I'm happy....2 radio stations.....now I'm not going to name them (obvious reasons) but I'll give ya a few clues
-they are based in the Province right above North Dakota
-one is a rock station and the other news
-if you've been here long enough you know the rock station I listen to all the time :D

me no longer happy :(

get the "procesing the request" on those 2 channels now :(:(:(

boy I get the "dumbass of the day" award....did a reset on the 410 and after digging trying to find what channel to do the manual tune it dawned on me

dumbass.......on a virgin Starchoice box you use 284 and let it sit in the stream (lock the signal and let it sit) for 5 minutes to map.....tuned to 284....green light....5 minutes later....yep

channels mapped

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)