DSR505 Error Message

dgantz

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 23, 2005
Amherst, OH
Has anyone started to receive an error from their DSR505 that says the following?
Attention - Found a DVI repeater

I have my the DVI output of my 505 connected to an HDMI input of my Onkyo AV receiver. As far as I can tell, this didn't start happening until today. Does anyone know of any firmware revision or something for the 505 that might have caused my receiver to start throwing the above error? Thanks.

Are you sure the error is coming from the receiver and not the TV? Just sounds kind of odd for that receiver to put out a message like that.

Yeah... it's the receiver. I see it when I connect the component cables to my receiver, and disconnect the DVI/HDMI cable from the receiver. The error disappears when I change channels on the 505. It only started doing it yesterday from what I can tell. I had no issues when watching this same receiver earlier in the week

hiker - I went over to Digital Home Canada after this occurred, and must have completely overlooked this link. This is what I suspected the issue might be. I reverted to using component as a workaround. Thanks for the link.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)