DSR605 no longer switching 22KHz properly

byron

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Oct 19, 2007
Ooltewah, TN, US
I have a DSR605 receiver that hasn't wanted to 22kHz switch properly since a downgrade of programming to Digital Lite last week. (That's the only event I can think of that happened around the same time I started noticing the missing channels.) It now tunes into 111w channels I get just fine, but any 107w stations will "red light" out and no signal shows up on the diag screens. But it's 107w channels only.... So I'm calling it a 22kHz issue.

Since I also have a 209 receiver, I checked programming on it out and it all works fine. Even tried my 209 on the same line I've had the 605 on, and it switches 22kHz fine. Even my old FTA receiver hooks up to the same drop and it switches between 107w and 111w via 22kHz just fine.... So I'm pretty sure it's the box causing the behavior...

Tried a Receiver Refresh, but it doesn't seem to shake it. Since it's picking up 111w only at the tuning level, I'm skeptical as to whether its "seeing" the refresh anyway. Also tried a "soft reset" where you hold the power button for a few seconds. Same deal. So, should I call in and have Shaw's CSRs try anything to see if they can save it? Or does this sound like a hardware issue to you guys? (Heh, I think I'm a either a week past or a week away from my 1yr warranty time on this one too... fun.)

Thank you in advance,
Byron

Edit: Spoke with Shaw. They're trying a V-code reset. Hope it works.

Last edited:
Definitely a V-code issue

BTW, there is NO V-code for stacked dishes to receive MPEG4 signals. You will need to change to a non stacked LNBF and run 4 wires to your multiswitch (Good summer job for 2012 before G1 launches)

Forgot to come back and confirm, but yes.. Shaw CSR sent a V-code update and I was back with all subscribed channels in 15 minutes.

Byron

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts