DSR922 limits( i feel like a Idiot)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

vassho

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 1, 2008
First of all thanks to everyone here
I have been working with Satellites equipment since the Late 70s while in the Navy and have a degree it electrical engineering( but due to my condition i am self employed) its a horror story) I am linux man and run only Macs and PCs with Linux

had a type of brain surgery a year ago which they implanted a Vagus nerve stimulator in my chest and wired it to my brain stem as i was told it would help with daily head pains ,it hasnt worked, I wish I would have never did it.
Now my thinking and comprehending is all screwed up. I was not like this before they implanted this device and i feel like a idiot as there are times i just cant get things,,
here is one of them

Here is my Question all weekend it has drove me crazy so i thought i would ask you all here
I have a few dsr922 and I just cant figure out how to set the limits
I have read the manual 50 times and i just dont get it
I can move the dish and work everything else on this receiver, but i cant get the limit numbers to go above 5001 and below 4999.
I set GO(G18 now) hit enter save it go to G5 the dish moves but the number will not proceed and when i go to set another set tell me it will not go because the the limits are set at 5000

I know a week or so ago i got them to move, but dont know how i did it

I get so confused as I know its me and i am messing up somewhere as it has happened with all my receivers so its not a receiver problem
I have just hooked up my GBox for now until i can figure out what i am doing wrong

Again have have read the manuals got on line read the info i could find but still i am lost

Thanks again to everyone on this site you all have made it alot easier to help understand things

Before trying to program the satellites, you should set the East and West Limit. What are your East and West Limits and Dish Position (Options 6 4 3)?

When you hold the Left arrow while setting East Limit, what happens?
Does Dish Position change? Does East Limit change? Does the dish actually move? If so, which direction?

When you hold the Right arrow while setting the East Limit, what happens?
Does Dish Position change? Does East Limit change? Does the dish actually move? If so, which direction?

says physical limits of dish have been reached
or west limts can not be greater the east or visa versa
moves a click to 5001 or to 4999 thats it dish postion at top stays at 5000 in gray can not be highlighted

[
"or west limts can not be greater the east or visa versa"

This sounds like your actuator may be set up incorrectly in the menu. Make sure you have set up the actuator as linear east (or west) which ever applies correctly. Options 6,4,2 will allow you to be sure of your settings. An explanation of this is on page 63 of the DSR 922 manual.

Then you must makes ure your pulse and ground wires are correctly attached to your receiver and actuator. If you have a reed type actuator (which mst of us do) then you use the pulse and ground wire and do not attach anything to the +5 connector.

Check limits. If it fails, try going to the set limits menu Options 6,4,3 and select the "program satellites" option and try to program the sats in that way. It should automatically move your limits for you as you program. Good luck

I have a saginaw actuator with mechanical postion sensor.
according to manual its telling me to use the +5
Im in ohio and use the west acuator settings as required
Ill try out what you have said
thanks

Thanks again
I got it as i dont see no numbers moving at this time, I have got a few satellites programmed and they are switching so far with no problems
I hope to get this all done tomorrow
Thanks again

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)