Nebraska PBS NET - ???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Flinthill

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 8, 2005
West Central Texas
Does anyone know why Nebraska PBS Net, channel T6/600~603 is not broadcasting? I just received my 4dtv back from repair and cannot locate this transponder. I can pickup wild feeds on T6 but not NET. Is it my setup or have they moved again, or just stopped?

Thanks

I am having the same problem here.. It happened a couple days b 4 the end of the month

Last edited:
moved to C-Band area

T6/G26 had a failure (partial) so I dont know if they are still there on T6 or if they moved back to T5

It's still there. It didn't leave like many of the DVB stuff has. I just saw this thread and took a look and it's on. I don't know when the last time I was on T6 (4dtv), so I don't know if they were having problems Yesterday or not? After the G26 Failure, I was still using it to get to the Equity DVB-S2 Mux, even when they moved to G28. They had both Sats Equity Muxes up for about a week, then they shut off the one on T6. So now I don't park on channel 603 on T6 to see the Equity Mux, I have to go to T4 to get it, so there's not much use for me on T6 at present? But, Nebraska PBS Net1 is there now, so if you're still not getting it, does your 4dtv have it mapped in? Maybe you need to go over to G1 and let it set for a while to get New Maps...? Good Luck..!!!

Here is the screen on NET about the move to Galaxy 28.

They are currently on both Galaxy 26 and Galaxy 28.

Most of the channels are mapped incorrectly on Galaxy 26 though. Only the HD channel T6 603 works at this time.

The channels have not been mapped on Galaxy 28 yet.

Attachments

• NET.jpg
    NET.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 233
The ACC has mapped in the info for T4 (4DTV). But there is a bug when you go above channel 24 on T4 your satellite tile changes to T6. Leave it to the ACC (Motorola) to screw things up again.... Oh well.....

Comcast bought the ACC, Motorola bought GI's Digicipher. So its Motorola & Comcast running the show.

I'm new to 4dtv, just got the box from a friend a few weeks ago, and was happy just getting those Nebraska channels. Not subscribed to anything. After Googling for a few days, I finally found this board.

Since the NET channels went down, all I get is audio on channel 603, and "cannot find channel" on 600-602. I read the statements above about NET moving to T4, and I didn't have that satellite set up yet, so I found it (got an analog wild feed with satellite statistics on it thankfully, so I know it's on T4), and tried the channels there, but on T4, I get "cannot be found" on all the channels above 24.
After peaking the dish for the umpteenth time, suddenly, channel 600 popped in with no sound, so I tried 601 and good sound and video, then 602 the same, then 603 ........ and again "cannot be found". I went back to 602 and the others, and they were no longer there, with the same "cannot be found" again. Am I losing it or what?

10 Ft. H to H Janeil
25 degree C-band LNB (Chaparral)
0.6 db KU LNB (Norsat 4206A)
4dtv model 922 Motorola

Use a generic sat on g28 and see if you can find it. Take the IF frequency of the downlink and look on Gofastmotorsports and scroll down to rick's "4dtv generic satellite chart".

find the IF frequency and symbol rate for the generic needed to tune the channel if it falls under one of the generic's criteria.

Use a generic sat on g28 and see if you can find it. Take the IF frequency of the downlink and look on GofastMotorsports and scroll down to rick's "4dtv generic satellite chart".

find the IF frequency and symbol rate for the generic needed to tune the channel if it falls under one of the generic's criteria.

Well, none of the generics listed on that page met the criteria exactly, but I was able to use the CE sat by skewing transponder 4 over to the horizontal side, and was able to receive the same audio I get on T6 603, except it is at 170 on the CE sat. I get nothing else, same-same as T6.

Is someone actually getting these NET channels out there on their 4dtv? Maybe my box is screwed up.

Your 4DTV is not screwed up. I was looking at the service parameters and there missing the symbol rate. The ACC has to map this information in, unfortunately the people working at the ACC these days seem to not have a clue in what there doing :( Damn college graduates. :rolleyes:

Same problem here. I'm unable to get a lock on the T4 feeds. I will get an occasional second or two of a frozen image but that's all. Without, I hope, straying too far afield I noticed that Oklahoma NET is on AMC5 trans 4 in digicipher. Is 4DTV capable of pulling that in? I believe it's designation would be K5? I'm interested since Nebraska NET has had video and technical problems since they moved to T6 and now again on T4. I'm losing faith in them.

It is actually called OETA (PBS) Oklahoma Educational Television Authority. Unfortunately it is festival month so it is a lot of specials and junk that you only see twice a year and not the normal programming. Happens in August and March.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)