DTC210 problem getting 72.5 locals & HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

vfr781rider

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 6, 2005
Nashville, TN
Let me run this by y'all and see if it rings any bells. I've got a DTC210 and get my locals on 72.5. Has worked fine since I subbed to my locals about 6 months ago. Two weeks ago, my locals disappeared, but only on that one receiver. I ran an auto detect on the dish configuration and they came back, but all of my HD programming was gone. Now it appears I can only do one of two things. Auto detect and get locals, but no HD, or select Oval 3 and get HD, but no locals.

As you know, the DTC210 needs that filter on the back of the receiver to pull in 72.5. I have another one at home and I'm going to swap that out and see if it does me any good. If that doesn't work, I'll try feeding the 210 from another output on the Zinwell multiswitch and see what that does. Just curious if anyone has had a similar experience and if it might be a receiver problem?

TIA,

Gary

can you tell me something about the filter you mention in your post, this is the first time I heard about it.
Thanks

I can't really answer your question but I can say that I am having the same trouble, strange thing is I have 3 units, at first it was all SD and all ran fine with locals, then added 1 HD and I found out the guy from Direct pulled one of the cables on my triple LNB to run locals so when I got the new HD box nothing there since no cable on the LNB, so after calling Direct they sent out another guy and he ran new cables to the local LNB and HD, Since then the HD box has had no trouble with the locals and HD, but my Hughes box suddenly has problems with locals and its telling me dish mismatch, the other SD box has no problem with locals. Now today I added another HD box to replace the SD Hughes box, guess what its gets wierd-er, now if I let the new HD-SAT520 auto config the dish set up it finds A, B and C and the local sat, BUT the HD and local channels pixilate or loose signal, but if I tell the box its an Oval Dish, picks up HD without a hickup but I loose all locals since it doesnt see the local dish. Hopefully I can talk to someone at Direct tomorrow and figure out what the heck is going on. By the way thanks to whomever posted the link about the HD-SAT520 and to Robert at ValueElectronics for the access card and the info. And sorry everyone had to read this long post.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts