Dtivo automatically reboots? (1 Viewer)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

beejaycee

SatelliteGuys Family
Oct 3, 2003
Friday I was listening to a music channel and the DTivo rebooted. It went through the whole spiel w/the welcome screen, the "just a few minutes more" screen, and then the "% downloaded" screen. What happened? Is it something that I should be concerned about? As far as I know, this has only happened once and only on this one of my two new Tivos.

Also, I found the S-P-S-30-S timer adjustment and the S-P-S-9-S onscreen clock but they disappear after awhile (the onscreen clock goes fairly quickly). Is there something I don't know about those easter eggs, i.e. the clock will only work until I press the "X" button and then it is reset to "off"? Or is this a result of something else going on?

silversurfer

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Las Vegas, Nevada
I assume you did not have a power outage? I recommend your DTivo be on a small UPS. Providing it wasn't a power outage. I have had my DTivo "spontaneously" reboot. It has only occured once in the 2 years that I have had it. It is thought to occur when there is a program error the Tivo can not recover from. As long as it is not happening very often I would not be concerned.

Unfortunately I do not use the easter eggs so I am unable to assist you with that. You can find a lot of information at tivocommunity.com For the codes look in the tivo underground.

Hope this helps

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts