Dtivo automatically reboots?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

beejaycee

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 3, 2003
Friday I was listening to a music channel and the DTivo rebooted. It went through the whole spiel w/the welcome screen, the "just a few minutes more" screen, and then the "% downloaded" screen. What happened? Is it something that I should be concerned about? As far as I know, this has only happened once and only on this one of my two new Tivos.

Also, I found the S-P-S-30-S timer adjustment and the S-P-S-9-S onscreen clock but they disappear after awhile (the onscreen clock goes fairly quickly). Is there something I don't know about those easter eggs, i.e. the clock will only work until I press the "X" button and then it is reset to "off"? Or is this a result of something else going on?

I assume you did not have a power outage? I recommend your DTivo be on a small UPS. Providing it wasn't a power outage. I have had my DTivo "spontaneously" reboot. It has only occured once in the 2 years that I have had it. It is thought to occur when there is a program error the Tivo can not recover from. As long as it is not happening very often I would not be concerned.

Unfortunately I do not use the easter eggs so I am unable to assist you with that. You can find a lot of information at tivocommunity.com For the codes look in the tivo underground.

Hope this helps

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts