DTV America in Green Bay

I show it being owned by 3 angels with a construction permit to go digital.

I do not show DTV America buying it. Where did you see that?
Both rabbitears and the FCC site show 3ABn owning it

I show it being owned by 3 angels with a construction permit to go digital.

I do not show DTV America buying it. Where did you see that?
Both rabbitears and the FCC site show 3ABn owning it
There was a voluntary assignment of license filed on the FCC site dated 7-27-15 from 3 angels. A few other stations went to DTV America also.

After doing a fair amount of looking around you are correct. DTV America did buy it but hasn't done anything with it since then and the station is still analog

Reactions: Mr Tony
As to any update? Dont really know honestly.
But to put it in perspective, DTV bought a station here in Minneapolis (KMBD-LD 43) in Sept 2014 from HSN and shut it down (they also have KJNK-LD 25 which has Telemundo on it).
They turned on 43 a couple weeks ago after being off for 18 months and added programming a week ago

http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/threads/riddle-me-this.357307/

Here in Cleveland DTV America has one station on the air that is 5kw (WEKA) and three CP's with .25kw (WQDI) .5kw (WUEK) .7kw (W43DB)
It's nice being in the green on longley rice on rabbitears with easy or medium indoor, but yet no signal even with an outdoor antenna indoors, with no fault on rabbitears, tvfool isn't even up to date

Yeah I got 3 new ones in Lafayette K43MS-D, K47NC-D, K36MG-D say they all owned by DTV America. They could have bought out the silent K38OF-D which goes 54 miles from the tower. DUH....Them 3 put together might go 60 miles combined....I guess we'll get Grit, the one where the women murder the men, buzzr, laff, and bounce...

Yeah I got 3 new ones in Lafayette K43MS-D, K47NC-D, K36MG-D say they all owned by DTV America. They could have bought out the silent K38OF-D which goes 54 miles from the tower. DUH....Them 3 put together might go 60 miles combined....I guess we'll get Grit, the one where the women murder the men, buzzr, laff, and bounce...

I wouldn't expect much if any signal indoors

Reactions: Mr Tony
You're not "missing" anything. The stations are off the air or in cases like Green Bay they are still in analog.
DTV America has tons of construction permits for stations across the US. Some they actually do turn on. But how many are still "pipe dreams"? Many of them

You're not "missing" anything. The stations are off the air or in cases like Green Bay they are still in analog.
DTV America has tons of construction permits for stations across the US. Some they actually do turn on. But how many are still "pipe dreams"? Many of them
Yeah I see your point. If you don't have it your not missing anything.

I noticed a 4th dtv channel in Lafayette k48mk-d. So i street view the thing and the other 3 and none of these translators look like a tv tower more like a cell phone tower. I know where this one is because i pass by it going to one of my favorite bars...

Its very possible.
But one thing to note and I ran across this in the local radio forum here. Translators and low powered stations dont have to cover the area they are supposedly licensed to. If you look at the coverage of the last one you posted it doesnt even cover Lafayette proper. There have been examples where the city they are "licensed to" is no where near the actual coverage

Here is the post and what Trip mentioned
http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/posts/3873742/

Trip said:
I can't speak for FM translators, but I know TV translators and LPTV stations don't actually have anything in the rules requiring coverage of the community of license. The logic behind this is that a translator may be in a sparsely populated unorganized area that doesn't have a named community, or an LPTV may cover just a portion of a community where a specific population lives. But it's how you end up with things like WASA-LD in New York, which is licensed to Port Jervis but doesn't even come close to covering Port Jervis anymore.

Reactions: localclassictvfan
I ran into this a month or so ago when I ran my tvfool. It showed 3 stations I've never seen before. Pulled them up on rabbitears and they are "licensed" to Rochester, MN but when you see the plot,all 3 have construction permits to build same spot as their other stations here in Minneapolis (25 & 43) and nowhere near Rochester as shown below

http://rabbitears.info/contour.php?appid=2002122&map=Y

Reactions: localclassictvfan
Exactly. They are out in places in Iota and Gueydan. Then when you click the second one it shows in an area in Lafayette where there is no tower that exist. Crazy...
yeah the FCC site has some maps and some of those stations barely (if they do) hit Lafayette.
But note some of these "towers" are only 60 feet tall according to the constriction permits

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)