DTV - Business install in Temecula, CA

Status
Please reply by conversation.

joerockt

Original poster
Sep 8, 2005
Hi all...

Our business just moved into a new office in Temcula, CA and we are looking into getting DTV installed. Does anyone know of a good installer in the Temecula area that will do businesses? Also, are there any legality issues with regards to using a DTV receiver set to one of the music channels as our hold music?

Thanks for any help...

Contact direct tv and ask for the commercial installations department, they will answer your legal questions and ask you some as well, they will also be able to set you up with a local commercial installer, if you dont get your questions answered then I would recommend calling dishnetwork and following the same path stated above.

IANAL, but...

I beleive using the MC channels for your hold music could be considered rebroadcasting, which would probably be frowned upon, and possibly litigable, but probably not something they would persue, since (I assume) it isn't for profit. There also might be csome variances with that since it would then depend on what channel you used, if, for example, you used a MC channel that played public domain type of music, you might be ok, if you play Top20/new kind of music, then you have the RIAA and its team of soul-crushing lawyers to deal with, and they have sued every thing from 12 yr olds to grandmothers.

You might want to check the ASCAP and BMI websites for details. You may or may not have to pay royalties to them depending upon the situation.

joerockt said:
Hi all...

Our business just moved into a new office in Temcula, CA and we are looking into getting DTV installed. Does anyone know of a good installer in the Temecula area that will do businesses? Also, are there any legality issues with regards to using a DTV receiver set to one of the music channels as our hold music?

Thanks for any help...

Joe,

Give me a call in Riverside... (951) 688-1281

Doc

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)