DTV calling it quits (more or less)

As for the losing Sunday Ticket, I think you who think its going away are jumping the gun a bit, maybe a lot ...
Many of you say, ya its gone ... thats EASY to say and if it happens, come with the told ya so line ....
However, chances are, D* /ATT will continue to have it available, but probably not exclusively ....
I'm thinking the NFL is going to push to the Streaming side of things with at least one streaming company and maybe with Cable as well.
But I believe that D* will still have it.
I think they will have it also, but not exclusively. I think it is definitely going to a PPV model .

Nice term! :). What the heck does that mean?
It's Video and 5G internet combined in one signal broadcast from cell towers (Along with this wireless cell service}. It's what brad1138 mentioned above. Satellite is a dinosaur. It's moving into the past. It's not what future technology relies on.

It's Video and 5G internet combined in one signal broadcast from cell towers (Along with this wireless cell service}. It's what brad1138 mentioned above. Satellite is a dinosaur. It's moving into the past. It's not what future technology relies on.

So if I get 5G and get my TV service from You Tube would that not be the same thing, it is still one signal from the Tower to a modem to a router.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

That is years away. You would need infrastructure that doesn't exist. 5G needs thousands of microcells per neighborhood for this to work.

Admittedly, I have no clue how that technology works. WAY above my pay grade, but that IS what's coming and is an example of how Dish is looking forward to future technology to stay relevant while at the same time, Direct is available for the right price

Reactions: charlesrshell
Sat tech is dying for sure, but I’m not sure how you think dish is moving forward and att is not.

Both offer sat. Both offer online live tv options (att has more options than dish). Both offer or will offer cell options. Att already has theirs. Dish is just starting.
Personally I don’t have a dog in this fight anymore. I got into streaming years ago, and while I have tried both companies offerings, I found them both lacking.

I just see them both dying, and they have been for a few years imo.
As for Dish, the MVDDS--which is most likely part of the Dish 5G plan, would only see both companies offering new WAYS of offering either similar services, or, in the case of Dish, new services such as ISP, which is part of the Dish 5G MVDDS plan. Also, 5G is also about automation and remote tasks and industry, but made only possble with the extremely low latency of 5G. Smart Phones just aren't part of the big 5G plan, but Alphabet has been very lovey dovey with Dish lately, most likely because of the 5G spectrum, which could see Google leasing or in some way using in partnership with Dish some of Dish's 5G spectrum, perhaps, Waymo driverless rideshare service? Alphabet/Google money can speed deployment and handle the high cost very easily, provided tower companies can ramp up construction properly. I see the FCC EXTENDING the 2023 deadline due to tower company backlog.

Reactions: eddie willers
it was already pushed from 2020 to 2023
let them lost the money if they cant do it
And there is still tower company backlog. I think the deaths in tower construction really scared the industry and the government, although some predicted deaths. Three additional years is just not going to be enough time with how slowly the tower companies can ramp up. Such a ramp up take TIME, mostly to proper training if they are to hire more people to build the towers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts