dtv hr22 download problems

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bonzo dog

Original poster
Apr 12, 2009
san diego,ca
anyone having problems downloading at startup (02468)? have had 2 recvrs with same problem site has swm3 w/ slimline dish- I have good signal strength on 101 with my bird dog at recvr and have correct voltage from power inserter- have changed lnb w/another swm3) but makes no difference. DTV tech support was no help as usual- I have had other hr22's take download so am wondering if i was sent 2 bad recvrs or wtf?

Last edited:
How many receivers are you using? If you have a SWM3 installed, you only have 3 SWM channels available. This means only 1 DVR and another single tuner receiver will work. You might need to switch to a SWM5 or SWM8 setup if you have multiple DVRs in the house.

I've never heard of an SWM3. I suspect the OP has the Slimline with the SL3 LNB (the one that only receives the 99, 101, and 103 sats).

What are the signal strengths for 99 and 103? Do you get both odd and even TPs from 101? Maybe you have a bad splitter.

This is the only receiver-The swm eliminates the need for the 2nd line to the DVR.
I cannot check signal strengh thro the recvr, since the HR22 will not "see" the swm without the 02468 download first

just a note, we only use 3 birds for HD here- 99, 101, 103 hense the swm3....if you need to use 99,101, 103, 110, and 119, you would use a swm 5

Since that is the only receiver, you may have just received a bad one. I assume that you have already done this... I would confirm you have set it up correctly. Make sure you have the power inserter installed as depicted in your documentation.

If all else fails, it's time for a phone call to DirecTV for a replacement.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)