DTV Install and My Switch from Cablevision

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Those should have not been the channels that you based your opinion on. The MPEG4 HD channels are a night and day difference in quality.

i'm realizing that now.

but the SD quality really was a killer. we still watch a lot of it, and it's just not as good as cable is.

what a pickle i'm in!!

it seems that no one notices the quality diff resulting from the increased compression on smaller sets, but on the 109" it's very obvious

i'm realizing that now.

but the SD quality really was a killer. we still watch a lot of it, and it's just not as good as cable is.

what a pickle i'm in!!

it seems that no one notices the quality diff resulting from the increased compression on smaller sets, but on the 109" it's very obvious

The SD quality really depends on your cable system. I have tried Wide Open West and Insight for cable and they are nowhere near the quality of the channels on Directv or Dish. You are correct that it makes a big difference with the size of the screen. I personally do not watch any SD channels on my big screen (106"). It is only used for HD and DVD's. No SD channels from Directv are displayed on it in my house. :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)