DTV Installed today...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
This thread is going way OT..

[edit]Between Ilya and myself, I think we got all the OT posts from the Lifetime thread into this thread. -TNGTony[/edit]

Last edited by a moderator:
twinrocks said:
I looked all this up on the internet and saw that this regulation was inacted in 2000!! Here is what I found:
The new rules apply both to C-Band (large dish) and DBS (small dish) satellite service providers. Under these rules, six superstations carried pursuant to a statutory copyright license are subject to program deletions to protect the contract rights of local television stations. The six superstations are KTLA-TV (Los Angeles), KWGN-TV (Denver), WGN-TV (Chicago), WPIX- TV (New York), WWOR-TV (New York), and WSBK-TV (Boston).
So, a question! How can Dish still have these stations as well as our local networks, yet DTV does not have them?

DISH carries them but ifa station in a given market objects to a program than it has to be blacked out on the superstation. As a practical matter DISH just does not sell that superstation in the affected market.

DTV has chosen not to offer superstations perhaps because of the balckout rules though some insist that it has to do with sports.

Last edited:
cablewithaview said:
I got into c band around the mid 90's. I wasn't really into WGN, I eventually pulled it off the cable system I work in with only 2 complaints. I replaced it with a local WB that also carries JPSports. SEC games comes before WGN. However we do carry WSBK out of Boston and that has gone over pretty well. UPN, Red Sox, Bruins, etc. I carried this one years ago and we moved the dish to Fox Sports SE new home and never put WSBK back on until first part of last year. With the help of Cancom, we was able to bring it back. At one time, along with TBS we had WWOR, WSBK and WGN on back in the day.

You won't find much in the way of sports on WSBK right now. The Bruisn are gone. I believe that even the Boston DMA coverage of the Red Sox is gone.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts